Who is Doc?

Nov 3, 2018
Beforehand: I'm not quite sure this is the right place to post this question, if it isn't I'd appreciate it if you could tell me where I can repost it.

Hi guys,
Especially over at The Magic Café I've heard some talk about a guy who calls himself Doc. He is supposedly among the greatest card cheats alive and actually has cheated in real games (actually I'm not sure if he has stopped or if he still does).
This video is the only source I've found about him:

https://www.facebook.com/officialja...ard-shark-reveals-identity/10155514661466501/

Can anybody tell me any more about him, maybe link a page or something?
Thanks!

Sep 10, 2017
The only thing I've heard from is a pretty interesting idea in terms of deck switches and cold decks, which is just called "Doc's cold deck". I dont think I'm allowed to share a link, but I'm sure you can find it.

Nov 3, 2018
Thanks a lot! This deck switch is the one shown in the Facebook clip?

PS: Why can't you share a link? I've just read the forum rules and I didn't see anything about links. Does that fall under the category exposure?

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Sep 10, 2017
Thanks a lot! This deck switch is the one shown in the Facebook clip?

PS: Why can't you share a link? I've just read the forum rules and I didn't see anything about links. Does that fall under the category exposure?
Yeah, it’s the same technique. All the videos that I found that demonstrated this technique were exposé and basically revealed that technique.

Mar 24, 2019
Idaho
I've heard of the man.. Have never met him personally.. But his reputation is, "if you're dumb enough to gamble against him, you get what you deserve." His reputation speaks for itself.. I've tried to research him myself.. But can't find much on him that you guys haven't already found.. I chalk it up to the fact that most people that have been had by him, are not going to actually out themselves.. They were probably humiliated and didn't want to go on record about it.. Makes sense to me.. I sure as hell am not going to brag about having being beaten like a dog.. And I don't guess others would either.. If I lost big bucks, you can bet, I'm gonna shut up about it..

Supposedly, he is now retired, and living in seclusion for the most part.. But that's all I know..

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Nov 3, 2018
Makes sense. He seems to have said himself that he wants to retire (beneath the linked Facebook page above). He seems to (have) be(en) pretty active on The Magic Café forums; he's registered there and on YouTube as "unknown419". From what people on other forums say he seems to be pretty nice and helpful, quick with pointers on different techniques.
He's supposedly met with other experts such as Steve Forte (he claims him to be one of the spectators in one of his two YouTube videos).
I'd be interested in teachings of his deck switch, but otherwise it was pure curiosity asking.
Thanks for your answer!

Mar 24, 2019
Idaho
Makes sense. He seems to have said himself that he wants to retire (beneath the linked Facebook page above). He seems to (have) be(en) pretty active on The Magic Café forums; he's registered there and on YouTube as "unknown419". From what people on other forums say he seems to be pretty nice and helpful, quick with pointers on different techniques.
He's supposedly met with other experts such as Steve Forte (he claims him to be one of the spectators in one of his two YouTube videos).
I'd be interested in teachings of his deck switch, but otherwise it was pure curiosity asking.
Thanks for your answer!

Hi,

What I can tell you about the man, is that when he says he has been taught by the best, or had dealings with the best in the business, it's not idle boasting.. It's a fact.. I won't drop names out of courtesy for them professionally, but I can guarantee that I have first hand knowledge of some of the individuals he speaks of..

Doc is what you would call a "certified bad-ass".. He can honestly clean your clock and leave you wondering what the hell just happened.. He is that good..

My understanding is that he is a great guy to chat with.. Very respectful in nature, and very helpful.. I myself have never had dealings with the man personally.. But I have a lot of respect for him, and his talents.. He is an absolute wizard with a deck of cards.. His moves are so clean, and so perfect, I dare anyone to catch it even with a camera slowed down.. I've tried.. I can't see it, and I know what I'm looking for.. Wish I could tell you more, but that is all I really know..

Have a great day..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results