Who is "Dynamo"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Eh, performances in that video were rather mediocre, but the technical moves and such are good. He has a good personality, connected with his audience, and did simple tricks - that's why he got the reactions he did.

Any one of you could be out there doing something like this as well.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Dang,I thought eveyone knew Dynamo by now.
Dee pretty muched summed it up real well.
Really like the way he combined hip-hop with magic.He's hard not to like.
Also,i heard,a friend of Daniel+Madison.

May 8, 2008
England
Are you sure he's done work with Madison?

He is good though, quite a lot of people from the UK seem to adopt that style... But he does it damn well.

I want to know this stuff... Very cool, love the 'exploding' bottle.

May 8, 2008
England
That's just a coin in bottle, the exploding bottle is called the devil's cola bottle and the final effect is Peter Loughran's Bottle Twister.

Great effects :)

D.

Dee, you're a marvel, I'll have a look around, see if I can find them :)

I said he's friends with him.
Not that they've worked together.

I know, but...

some of his moves are published on Madison´s books

I was under the impreession that all of Madison's work up to this point, lecture notes and what not is original.
I doubt they have worked together... I was just curious.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I believe Daniel Madison credits Dynamo for a "turnover pass", not the genuine turnover pass but a clever little handling of a double. This is used in the Lapse trick and is on the Dangerous DVD.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Am I the only one who thinks Dynamo is a lot of style with no substance...well, I'll edit there, not even a huge amount of style. Technical skill? I hadn't really noticed a huge amount to be honest. Didn't anyone see his Concrete Playgorund thing with the most atrocious card handling ever? Connection with his audience? Really? I've seen people react quite well (and only "quite") when they think they're going to be on TV. Otherwise, he seems to be doing what anyone who calls themselves a magician can do. And this hip-hop posturing that seems to be his main selling point doesn't really cut it. If he could actually do something like breakdance well and combine that with magic he might be onto something but he hasn't demonstrated that he can.

Sep 1, 2007
Didn't anyone see his Concrete Playgorund thing with the most atrocious card handling ever?

No I haven't. To be honest, I have a hard time getting through 30 seconds of any one of his performances without vomiting.

Connection with his audience? Really? I've seen people react quite well (and only "quite") when they think they're going to be on TV.

It's also rather telling when you consider the way he acts at conventions or around other magicians in general.

I really don't see the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results