Why Don't We Have a Mentalists Forum?

Sep 24, 2007
As the title probably suggests to you, I am merely wondering why no mentalists forum is under way. We have a card forum, a coin forum, but the third most popular type of magic is sadly neglected. I am sure many mentalists would benefit from such a forum, and there could be a place to turn to for the numerous "Where can I learn mentalism" forums.
I admit I have not run a search on previous posts like this. If there was something I missed, scolding is a welcome punishment.

coin-tangible, cards-tangible, mentalism- not tangible. That's why it doesn't have a room it self. (I think)

and also, Mentalism is a guideline of magic, not type of magic that's why it do not have it own room.

That's what I think.

I think T11 tries to refrain from making new forums simply because they don't want it to turn into the magic cafe with a bizziloin different forums, if they make a mentalist forum, them why not a forum for escape magic? Or one for magic with silks? Or comedy magic? Personaly, I think the forums the way they are is fine, and while a mentalist forum would be cool, I don't think it would be worth it.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I think T11 tries to refrain from making new forums simply because they don't want it to turn into the magic cafe with a bizziloin different forums, if they make a mentalist forum, them why not a forum for escape magic? Or one for magic with silks? Or comedy magic? Personaly, I think the forums the way they are is fine, and while a mentalist forum would be cool, I don't think it would be worth it.

Yep that's exactly it.

To quote Sinful:
We rarely like to add boards because they add up fast. We have been starting private product boards (Control and Pressure) and we've already got quite a few boards. Essentially... We don't want to become the cafe which makes eyes bleed every time it is looked at.:p We do take all suggestions into consideration though. So send a PM to any of the moderators or administrators and we will see what we can do to make something happen. :D

-Doug

Sep 24, 2007
Good responses, but how can we justify the existence, of, persay, a "card-flourishing forum," which in itself is not a form of magic, and in the larger community, is rarely done?

D

Deleted member 2755

As the title probably suggests to you, I am merely wondering why no mentalists forum is under way. We have a card forum, a coin forum, but the third most popular type of magic is sadly neglected. I am sure many mentalists would benefit from such a forum, and there could be a place to turn to for the numerous "Where can I learn mentalism" forums.
I admit I have not run a search on previous posts like this. If there was something I missed, scolding is a welcome punishment.

How can you say it is the third most popular? Where did you get that statistic? You cannot say that. Anyway, the administrators are very selective of the boards we have. T11 is mainly about card magic, cardistry, and some coin magic. That is why we have those boards. We are always open to new things though. It takes a lot of convincing to add something new. From what I've seen, there aren't too many mentalists on here. Also, we try not to be like the Cafe which has 50,000 different boards. Is it possible for the future? Yes. Will it happen in the immediate future? No.

-Doug

Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, pal. Greatly appreciate it. And as to where I got my statistics- I made them up? Isn't that how all statistics are made?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Good responses, but how can we justify the existence, of, persay, a "card-flourishing forum," which in itself is not a form of magic, and in the larger community, is rarely done?

In fact, there is a growing number of people that are actually doing it, hell, look under the "theory11"ban, it says" underground magic and cardistry epicenter" among other things, theory 11 has also released some flourishes Dvd's so Its kinda obvios that they want to support that category...

Okay, im mad now.

Mentalism is in fact a route of magic. Although mentalism never started out on magic(it didnt use magic princibles to get the effects). The people who did mentalism at the first place were not magicians at all. They were normal people or psychics doing some very simple stuff but playing them very big.

Mentalism has grown a bit with magic and alot of magicians use magic and mentalism to "spice it up". But there are truly very few true mentalists out there.

The fact is mentalism isnt a set of rules princibles what ever, its an artform just like magic but its just a bit different on its way of dealing with methods and how to carry them out.

Now, if i see anyone else saying that mentalism is just some rules i will use mi psychic powers and melt your brain :)

Mikk

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
286% of statistics are made up. and 3/2 people have trouble with fractions....

It's also true that there are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not. Which of the three are you?

And I'm impartial to a mentalist thread, I'd use it but am not in a hurry to have it put in the forums.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
IMO mentalism is a form of magic regardless of some of you guys might say. Mentalism is also a genre for maybe more mature performers and is intended for a mature audience, because it does get personal. A majority of T11 members are within the 0-25 age bracket, hence there is a lack of interest on the whole for mentalism.

The magic Cafe has one of the best mentalism boards/forums in the world, if you are truly interested, try looking around there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results