Why I Do Magic

I'm currently sitting in a coffee shop where a Christmas tree has been painted onto the wall with colorful lights. The soft music in the background almost completes the seasonal setting, however, unknown to me, it will be a card trick that is the missing piece to this holiday picture.

Shortly after finding a table, an 87 year old man came in and started singing and dancing! I know this sounds irrelevant, but the cheerful, old soul became the facilitator of a conversation between a kid and I.

We spoke of how cheerful and passionate the old man looked, and it wasn't long before the kid told me of his dreams and passions. He laid out his five year plan of going to college and becoming a professional football player, yet I could sense a bit of doubt.

I asked the kid to join me for a moment, handed him a deck of playing cards and said, "Give these your best mix." I then proceeded to empower him with a specific card effect, tailored to him and his life. At the end he returned to his table and, for an hour straight, stared at his card. Not once did he pick up his phone, he simply flicked and fiddled with a single playing card . . .

In truth, I hope to meet the kid again in five years. I really hope he succeeds in all his efforts and life goals. Now, although I will not know anytime soon, I'm fairly certain he will still have that card on him when we meet again.

Please leave similar stories and experiences below.

Respectfully yours,

Cameron J. Braxton

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results