Why So Much Sensitivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there so much sensitivity to the forums? I mean I get on at least 6 times a week and everytime i have looked at a new post someone is dogging someone else because they didnt search the threads. Big deal. What if their question wasn't answered in the past thread? I mean just because it was brought up before doesn't mean that the question was answered. Also i mean is this not the general discussinon forum? Just today someone started to dog someone because they said Happy Thanksgiving and then asked what tricks you planned on performing this Thanksgiving. You need to chill out. See this is the negativity that is killing magic today. Stop being so negative and stop dogging on someone because they posted something.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I'm more of an optimist myself so I agree with your post. However, some stuff on here is constructive which I think is great for any magician. The problem is that most can't handle it because their parents and friends tell them they are awesome and they think they are the second coming of David Blaine.

People do need to chill out and realize that they don't have to have a response if they can't say something nice. While this has been talked about in the past, its good to see it again because people do tend to forget.

Ya like forreal i see people asking in the product reveiw stuff asking is dangerous easy to learn or something and people go "why didn't you search the forums to find this out, learn to use it so you dont clutter the forums" im like jesus just chill out they want to know if its easy and if you recommend it not if its been posted before.

Apr 1, 2009
California
It personally bothers me as well. So I agree with you. It also kills the creative juices when you're being brought down over all of the little things. Why would anyone want to post a video of themselves, something as vulnerable as that, when they're getting torn down about posting "Happy Thanksgiving". It creates a circle of heat. Everyone starts disliking one another and nothing productive is done in terms of discussion and creation and unity.

Why is there so much sensitivity to the forums? I mean I get on at least 6 times a week and everytime i have looked at a new post someone is dogging someone else because they didnt search the threads. Big deal. What if their question wasn't answered in the past thread? I mean just because it was brought up before doesn't mean that the question was answered. Also i mean is this not the general discussinon forum? Just today someone started to dog someone because they said Happy Thanksgiving and then asked what tricks you planned on performing this Thanksgiving. You need to chill out. See this is the negativity that is killing magic today. Stop being so negative and stop dogging on someone because they posted something.

don't trip, people will get mad at your for the silliest of things, just do what you do and keep asking questions for every person that talks down on what a person says, there's good people who are always willing to help.....

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Although I do agree that unprofessional and overly negative comments are unnecessary and do nothing to aid in advancing anyone's magic, I don't think a thread discussing this very topic would lead to anything constructive.

That said, if you ever see a post that is disrespectful and not needed - feel free to report the thread and/or post and we'll remove it accordingly. Thanks guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results