why the cards got stick when I spread cards?

Nov 15, 2016
Hello to everybody!

I have a question, I have started with magic and cardistry few days ago (about 3 or 4 days), and when I try to do ribbon spreads or thumb fan the cards are like sticky sometimes, but they are news and actually slippery and that doesn't have sense, so why that happens and how I can improve that (In special the thumb fan 'cause I don't understand how they spread the cards)

Sorry for bad english but I speak spanish, if someone can reply in Spanish I would be so happy :)

Thanks.

mouHUjs.jpg

d03882L.jpg

faizpardesi

Elite Member
Jun 11, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Hello to everybody!

I have a question, I have started with magic and cardistry few days ago (about 3 or 4 days), and when I try to do ribbon spreads or thumb fan the cards are like sticky sometimes, but they are news and actually slippery and that doesn't have sense, so why that happens and how I can improve that (In special the thumb fan 'cause I don't understand how they spread the cards)

Sorry for bad english but I speak spanish, if someone can reply in Spanish I would be so happy :)

Thanks.

mouHUjs.jpg

d03882L.jpg

Seems to me that these are plastic cards and not paper. Plastic cards suck for spreads and fans; new or old, it'll be nearly impossible to fan those. Try paper cards that have any sort of finish and I doubt you would face issues.

Reactions: Molcap

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
It's probably not the deck. However, use regulator bicycles and you should be able to use the same deck for weeks before it really clumps.

Like most cardistry move or magic sleight, it's not just a matter of following the instructions. It takes a great deal of practice to figure out finger placement, pressure amount to apply, maintaining the pressure during movement, etc. This will come with practice, and you will have to think about how to do it before it becomes natural and the result clean. Remember that even simple moves can take weeks to do comfortably, and months to look good.

Watch good tutorials on the thumb fan. Here are a few:
Dealersgrip:
Ekaterina:

For me, it became much more easier once I understood the importance of beveling the deck prior to fanning.

Also, consider these great resources to begin in cardistry:
Genesis v1 by Andrei Jikh: https://store.theory11.com/products/genesis-by-andrei-jikh
Reddit/r/cardistry Beginner's list: https://www.reddit.com/r/cardistry/comments/25uyxj/the_big_list_of_tutorials_for_beginners/

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results