Why?

Apr 5, 2009
i would like to know why there are so many tricks that are on the market that all in the end achive the same effect? i mean not even just cards there are 3 popular coin thru bottle effects i can think of off my head and then 3 cap thru beer bottle effects too. i just wanna know why more than one way to do an effect is out there because to a laymen they look like u put the coin thru the bottle or u put the cap thru the glass bottle either way so why not just have one of each?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
You have to keep in mind what the magician wants. Yes to the laymen they see the same thing but if I want to do a torn and restored effect one magician might be ok with using a gimmick to do the trick and then another magician might not like using gimmicks and would rather do a torn and restored effect impromptu. That is why there are several of the same effects on the market.

That and also some laymen know how a certain trick works and when they see something different in the same trick they are blown away. For example, one of my friends was dating one of my magician friends and she knew how to do TNR by Mathieu Bich and then I performed REF4M by Blake Vogt, even though it was the exact same effect(in a sense) she was BLOWN away because she was able to see the card restore itself 360 degrees with no gimmicks or extra cards.

That is why.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
As James said, there are a variety of methods to get the same result, which is good but remember magic is a business and some people put what's essentially a copy or a cheaper version because they can make money from it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results