wich is better ? help please

Aug 21, 2011
wich is better ?
houfzy osbourne by dan and dave or twizinser by helder guimuiares
portal or subway
classic pass or turnoverpass

i know it is weird thread but i need help :D

sorry for my english and grammer not my language :)

Jul 27, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
It's all personal preference, but I can tell you that the classic pass is way better. In most situations the turnover pass has no motivation, so don't use it unless turning the deck over is part of the effect.

Dec 12, 2010
wich is better ?
houfzy osbourne by dan and dave or twizinser by helder guimuiares
portal or subway
classic pass or turnoverpass

i know it is weird thread but i need help :D

sorry for my english and grammer not my language :)
Well, Twizinser is impromptu, but Hoffzy osbourne has very minimal setup.
Portal is a quicker effect than subway, but they're both similar with the teleportation theme.
And, classic pass wins over turnover, although it's much harder.

My personal opinion:
Hoffzy Osbourne (slight modified to be impromptu)
Subway
Classic (only because the Turnover is limited by motivation. However, I would use a Spread Pass over a Classic any day)

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Based on your parameters
hoffzy osboure although I really don't like either of the effects.
Subway has so much better routining and psychology.
As for the passes I would say the classic if done well as nothing apparently happens however if you can justify the turnover of the deck the turnover pass is much more covered.

Jul 25, 2011
Berlin
I shall stick with the classic pass allthough, if spectators tend to burn the hands (and my classic pass is not yet anywhere near perfection) I do the turnover pass, which when motivated is better in my hands since there is more cover (motivation would suggest along the lines "...as you can see all of the cards are different. Please just point to any card you wish, I can't cheat you since you can see all of the cards. This? We'll just leave the *turns deck over* and use this [other card] but remember etc etc). A convincer to the turnover is leaving the card outjogged (Alex Pandrea - "T.O.P."), then there's no action after pushing it in.

As for Hoffzy Osbourne and Twizinser, they're different effects to different situations.
Hoffzy Osbourne [Pro: Quick (short time span), direct, easy | CON: If left too much time, spectators tend to work backwards ("did I see this card after it was turned down", people who know of your skill may suspect a force with the original handling which is more for lay people]
Twizinser [Pro: Complex structure, long (people will be watching harder and harder, untill it is too late) -> more perplexing, direct | CON: hard without table (spectator may not look at the single card in his hand (in hoffzy osbourne it is stuck between other face up cards)), slightly confusing (why doesn't the selection suit turn over, instead of all the others) but possible to justify, can not be done to more audience angle than about 90°, difficult sleights involved (making the face down card in the deck be the selection)]
PS: both my version are impromptu, their different attributes make one better than the other according to the performing situation

I'm not sure about subway or portal, because I don't perform portal. Why? I hate the tribecca ... and love the dmb spread control.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results