wild card trick

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
I don't have any sound, what is your patter like during this?

Your DL uses a biddle turnover, I would highly recommend learning a DL that uses only one side of the card as the basis for rotation. Holding two ends like that calls unnecessary attention to the card, and most people would not turn over a single card in a biddle grip; it is a lot of cover for something that is not normally covered. I would watching/recording yourself turn over single cards over, and over, and over again. Figure out the different phases that your hand goes through in the motion of turning over a single card, and try to replicate the phases one by one. Some single turnovers cannot be replicated, for those I would suggest working on a new single card turnover so that your single and double lifts look alike. By this I do not mean to modify your current single card turnover to match a biddle grip DL, as that still looks unnatural in most hands. I have seen a few people that can pull it off, but generally it looks a lot better if you are only turning over the card using one side of the card. Also, the less contact your right hand makes with the double, the better it looks to spectators.

Your triple and multiple turnovers were plainly split, you could see cards out the side. I would not suggest even attempting multiple's and triples until you fix your DL.

This trick uses A LOT of subtleties. Just remember that even though something might look clean, things like multiple glides and what happens at around 35-40 seconds leave a psychological impact on your spectators. They won't know what, but they will know something about what you just did isn't natural. Unless that is the feeling you want to impress on your spectators, I would just watch out for tricks that rely on so many subtleties. Generally, the more subtleties and sleights involved in an effect, the riskier that effect is to perform.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results