Will Witness use a gimmick?

Sep 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I love all of these effects sold at the moment, and although they are all heavily gimmicked, i think thats just fine. In fact, i love gimmicks, because the tricks they can create pack a montsterous punch. I have a question though - just random, no particular reason. Will Witness use a gimmick?

I tried a quick search but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if someone happened to know at this point in time. Also, does anyone know if the card can be signed?

Sep 8, 2007
Carmichael,CA
I love all of these effects sold at the moment, and although they are all heavily gimmicked, i think thats just fine. In fact, i love gimmicks, because the tricks they can create pack a montsterous punch. I have a question though - just random, no particular reason. Will Witness use a gimmick?

I tried a quick search but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if someone happened to know at this point in time. Also, does anyone know if the card can be signed?

I dont know if it will use a gimmick or not but if you want to do research on the trick to find out search"deuce bag" that is what it was originally called... it was changed because it isnt much of a family friendly name.

Sep 8, 2007
Carmichael,CA
No, there is no gimmick. There is a setup, but no gimmick. And the card can not be signed.

If you have any more questions about Witness, I'm here to answer them.

Ill take you up on that question thing. Can you really get the trick from a book if so which one? and would it be better to wait til Lee releases the DvD?

Yep, it's true! You can get Witness (originally named 'Deuce Bag') in Lee Asher's Thinking Out Loud booklet, which you can buy here for $12 + $3 shipping and handling.

I really don't think that buying the DVD is necessary. The effect (which is not hard to learn or perform to begin with) is taught really well in the Thinking Out Loud book, plus you get to learn several other good effects (including a control that I really like and use and a great impromptu card reveal that I've recently added to my repertoire). Plus it's cheap - only $15 with shipping, which will almost definitely be cheaper than buying the T11 DVD, plus you get a couple of other great effects in the book.

The Theory11 DVD will probably include a bonus handling or something like they have done on their other DVDs, so if you want to check that out, you might want to wait for the DVD. The DVD's teaching will probably be more in-depth (because it's a whole DVD on one trick), but the effect is VERY easy to learn and VERY easy to perform, so I don't think the extra detailed teaching in the DVD is really necessary.

Anything else I can answer for you?

Sep 8, 2007
Carmichael,CA
i actually have another question. If it doesnt require a gimmick than y do I have to use a 2? Cuz my fav card is the Jack of Clubs and id rather use that. If it gonna reveal the trick than dont post it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results