Will You Be Getting Flow?

Oct 21, 2007
Bergen County, NJ, USA
Please not before reading: The MOMENT this turns into a "I'm not buying this because it's from E." I will ask a mod to lock this because I DON'T WANT IMMATURE KIDS FIGHTING OVER A MAGIC COMPANY! Thank you. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many of you are getting Flow? This effect is amazing and I've always thought it was amazing since I've heard of it. Then while running through the Magic Cafe like I do sometimes... someone brought up a good point. With all the advertising that E is doing on VH1... I'm not so sure I want to buy this now. I was hoping to do this for a huge group of people in my high school. However, now if JUST ONE PERSON went on ellusionist.com after seeing the ads on VH1, I will be done... It's not the end of the world if people know that I get magic from there, but it takes away from that whole magical feeling and in a way it's almost embarrasing. What are your thoughts? (Again... if A SINGLE PERSON HERE insults E in any way, I will have the thread locked because it is not my intention for immature jerks to badmouth E in this thread!) I'm not even sure I want to buy at all from E anymore just mainly because I don't want to get called out on it.

-Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
depends on the gimmick situation for me...

if it can be made at home, i wont bother getting it, if its something that can only be baught, i might get it...

although ive never done any bottle tricks...

Sep 1, 2007
Flow for me is situational magic. That is my problem with it. I am aware that there are water bottles everywhere, but you have to set it up (tiny as it is, setup is setup). Also, I have a few water bottle tricks and I have never perform them. I do not intend to get flow because of that reason.
I do, however, believe it is a good effect, very incredible looking to the spectator. My fiance asked if you can stick you finger in the bottle once the water is suspended. I know you can put a toothpick in there but it is not that far fetched to have the curious spectator try to put their pinky in there...

Juan

Dec 22, 2007
(Again... if A SINGLE PERSON HERE insults E in any way, I will have the thread locked because it is not my intention for 12 year olds to be immature jerks in this thread!)
-Doug

why does it matter if they're 12 years old or not? im not 12 but i think thats really stupid. im pretty sure that you used to be 12 werent you? look at what you wrote before typing out a post.

Sep 1, 2007
California
I believe some magic should just not be judged by the vendor. it is truly a work of art, and Harris has given us something new to "jive" about, so I DO think I would be interested in giving my money towards just understanding how the effect works. I'm not the kind of guy to ask a friend who bought the trick how it's done...

Dec 13, 2007
I will probably be getting it... think about how few magicians there are out there... I know its not the smallest number ever, but how many times have you performed for someone who did magic... me, only 2 times, and they were novices who didn't even know of the proper term for a double lift...

If thats not convincing enough, think about how many people you have performed the 2 card monte for (me a whole lot)... now this is one of the easiest tricks to access yet i've never been called on the method

This is an extremely powerful effect, just look at the reactions from the demo video...

Also think about this... who is going to go onto ellusionist (after seeing you perform this) spend a total of about 40 dollars on this effect... and then reveal it to the other people you performed for in the large group... probably not gonna happen

Umm it's pretty stupid if someone thinks that your magic is ruined because of spectators knowing that you buy magic. Seriously everyone know that you buy your supplies from a magic shop. How stuoid is the guy from the cafe to even say something like that. Funny when people complain about stores like E when noone complains about magic shops in disney land. The last time I was there everyone was a laymen and they were buying like crazy. Oh nothings wrong with that:rolleyes:. But when a laymen buys from E then it's the end of magic. Grow of people.

Dec 13, 2007
Umm it's pretty stupid if someone thinks that your magic is ruined because of spectators knowing that you buy magic. Seriously everyone know that you buy your supplies from a magic shop. How stuoid is the guy from the cafe to even say something like that. Funny when people complain about stores like E when noone complains about magic shops in disney land. The last time I was there everyone was a laymen and they were buying like crazy. Oh nothings wrong with that:rolleyes:. But when a laymen buys from E then it's the end of magic. Grow of people.

i agree... and lay people wanting to learn magic wouldn't have a very hard time finding ellusionist wether they watched celebracadabra or not

Oct 21, 2007
Bergen County, NJ, USA

This is true, I think that I'll keep my decision of getting this.

-Doug

Oct 21, 2007
Bergen County, NJ, USA
why does it matter if they're 12 years old or not? im not 12 but i think thats really stupid. im pretty sure that you used to be 12 werent you? look at what you wrote before typing out a post.

True, that was a rather dumb thing of me to say. It's just that I'm used to the term I sort of just typed it naturally... edited and I apologize.

-Doug

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
I am eating flow up whats not to love and like you said to me on aim Sinful 2 bonus tricks that they say are better than flow I feel the hook in my mouth bring me to the E surface. Salmon anyone?

Sep 1, 2007
I would buy it if the bonus effects were good. I'm tired of dvds with one short simple trick on it, no matter how amazing they are. (cough cough Believe)

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
I will buy a case of the gimmicks. I will put them away on the top shelf of my warehouse.
In four to eight years, when no one remembers it, I will pull it down and start performing it.

Just like Card-Toon.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results