Wire Submission Feedback?

Jan 22, 2012
Hey guys,

So I've submitted some effects to the Wire that have been decline, but the feedback I get is always unspecific. Like on the reviewer's note it will say "appreciate your submission and excited to see more of your work!" but it won't exactly say why it was rejected. I would at least like to know how it wasn't that original and ways that I can improve on the effect. Has this been a problem for any of you guys?

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
I am not sure as to the amount of submissions to The Wire, but I am sure its a fairly large number. I assume this because when I first got seriously into magic, and would figure out a new move or principle that I had not seen before, I would think it original. I am sure there are plenty of beginners who figure out some move or another and submit it to The Wire, hoping for respect or popularity or monetary gain. The Wire is bound to attract that type of magician. So for the most part, I think it is pretty understandable that submissions don't receive specific feedback. However, I also would think that it would be somewhat simple to distinguish between youtube magicians trying to get notoriety on The Wire, and submissions from serious artist or those that have put a large amount of effort into their submission. In those cases, I most certainly agree with you that feedback should be given outlining the errors so that improvements can be made.

It also could be nice to have this sort of thing for the media section as well. Both of these venues, while not educational by design, provide excellent portals for receiving critique from more experienced and knowledgeable magicians.

Arman, I would suggest to you posting in the card magic section of the forum and querying there as to the originality of your effects.

Theory11 was designed with one goal in mind, to advance the art of magic. As wonderful as it is to be coming up with new effects and material to learn from, Nothing comes close to advancing the art of magic as much as educating the novices of our community. This can save them from hundreds of pitfalls and traps on the path to becoming a talented artist, as well as save the rest of the magic community from dealing with exposure, and as well as upholding a good reputation in the eyes of the public. The game has changed, the face of magic is no longer the big names, the famous magicians. No, the internet and VHS facilitated a massive boost in the population of intermediate and novice magicians. They, we, are so numerous, that the general public absolutely sees more of us, than they do of any big names. I know many people who have never heard of David Blaine, Penn and Teller, David Copperfield, or Criss Angel. Maybe not the best, but certainly the biggest names in magic. Yet I hardly know a single person who has not seen or heard of close up shows. (before I met them, lol.) "Street magic" has become the face of magic, and if we hope to advance it as an art, we have to nurture all the little facets (like myself, and so many others here) that compromise that image. New material, while cool, is by no means accomplishing that. The advancement of magic lies in the perfection of all its little parts. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
I feel its fairly obvious how this connects to the subject at hand, but if not, by all means ask. I never mind a good rant...

Jul 29, 2012
UK
I just email them back asking if they could tell me why it was declined to help me improve and the send me the notes left by the reviewer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results