Wire Submissions

OK, I posted this question in the Wire section 2 days ago with no response.

"Since you film, produce, & edit your own video to put on the Wire, if it's approved can you use the same official T11 video logo at the beginning of your video?"

Also, would filming a trick & putting it on Youtube (Just the trick, not the explanation) hurt any chances of it being approved for the Wire? I have a bunch of ideas for effects I've beed working on for a while, & I would like to audience test them both live & as well as on-line to see what kind of responses/feedback I'd get to better figure out which ones would be good enough to put in my own regular reprotoir, as well as figure out which ones still need work, as opposed to the typical posting a video every other day along with "Is this good enough/original enough for the wire??"

I just want to present the videos as just magic performance videos for now to just be judged for the magic alone, not judged based on of it's good enough to release to the wire, or anywhere else for that matter, to see what the public as well as magicians have to say, not a "Is this trick good enough to sell?" kind of video, but a video that would be to more or less judge my presentational as well as technical (both magic & video production) & creative skill. I mean after all, once we all learn that killer new trick, are'nt we all just anxious as heck to perform it for people?

Bottom line, I dont want to rush anything & I want to fine tune all of the details with all of my new ideas & creations, really flesh them out, & when I think it's good enough & it gets great reactions, still work on it even more to make it as perfect as possible, & of course audience feedback is probably the most important part of the process, as anything I release will also have performing experience tied with them.

Thanks in advance!

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I doubt putting a trailer or teaser on YouTube would damage your chances of getting on the Wire. JoeyFx used to post a teaser trailer for every move he submitted to the Wire. When the move made it to the Wire, he'd upload the explanation to his YouTube as well. Granted, that's for free downloads. He's done rather well for himself; I wouldn't worry about anything like that.

Also, I don't see why you'd want to use the Theory 11 logo in the beginning of your video. They didn't produce your video, they just retailed it. I would take full creative credit unless another artist made a contribution of course. I usually see Theory 11 being mentioned in a small "thank you" in the video or in the Special Thanks box on the Wire page. So, because Theory 11 didn't have any major creative influence on the video, I wouldn't put their intro in the video. Just my thoughts, I hope you get approved.

-PatrickV.

Thanks for the insight Pav!

Is the T11 crew off this week?! LOL I asked this question over 3 days ago!

I'd like to hear from the crew. I still would like to know, can you use the T11 logo for Wire videos if you so chose to? If not, I understand, I'd just like an official answer. Thanks!

Oct 13, 2012
Lithuania
Hey, I guess they are really off :) . I've also asked a question and got no answer yet, although they usually respond quickly. Simply wait a little bit.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
"Since you film, produce, & edit your own video to put on the Wire, if it's approved can you use the same official T11 video logo at the beginning of your video?"

Also, would filming a trick & putting it on Youtube (Just the trick, not the explanation) hurt any chances of it being approved for the Wire?

Hey there!

Sorry about the delay! I haven't been on the Wire forum over the last couple days.

We only permit the theory11 logo, intro, and outro to be used in official theory11 productions. On the Wire, the productions are all yours. I would try to find a way to brand yourself in this same way. Try to create a logo or other things like we have done to help develop your own brand and help people recognize your work.

Putting your video on Youtube does not directly harm your chances of having a trick published. The Wire team is looking for Originality, Creativity, Production Quality, and in general a good trick. The only thing I would be mindful of when using YouTube is to make sure that you keep good records of when you post your tricks. That way, should there be an originality dispute, you have record of when you had videos of your tricks online. You shouldn't need it, but I would keep track of it, even if it is just for peace of mind.

Have an awesome night!

// L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results