Wiregrams

Hey, peeps!
I just bought a pack of Wiregrams yesterday, and I need patter. I'm planning on performing them tonight while working the restaurant, and I can't think of any good patter. I can't just pull out a random piece of wire, and not have a reason for it. Is there any patter you guys recommend? All help is appreciated!

Anthony Bass

Nov 17, 2007
Hey Anthony. I would secretly plant the wire near the unsuspecting spectators. When I perform, I would just act like I found it. (Be careful though. You don't want the janitor or any other on-looking person to pick it up. =P Now that I think about it, that would be to coolest trick ever. If you REALLY picked up a random wire on the ground and heated it up to see it changed into a reveal. HAHAH. Ok srry for stearing away from the point of this post) Hope this helped.

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
Something I usually do with wiregram is to roll it into a paper clip shape

032208183527-2.jpg

In that case, you can clip it to a folded card,
032208183441-2.jpg

One thing you can do is to have two cards selected, and the folded card can be the prediction of one of the cards, and the wiregram is the prediction for the second one.

Or simply perform Paperclip of Sankey but without doing the exact ending of the actual effect, and let the folded card be a false prediction, and reveal the real prediction using the wiregram.

Hope that helps :)

Jan 4, 2008
Mine

I sometimes say that wire are charged with hot energy like hot water, fire, etc. Have them touch it while it changes - during the change. Works well for me.

Sep 20, 2007
...or you can pull a david blaine and say "watch the metal see how it begins to bend- is that your card?":confused:

J

Jake Samways

Something I usually do with wiregram is to roll it into a paper clip shape

032208183527-2.jpg

In that case, you can clip it to a folded card,
032208183441-2.jpg

One thing you can do is to have two cards selected, and the folded card can be the prediction of one of the cards, and the wiregram is the prediction for the second one.

Or simply perform Paperclip of Sankey but without doing the exact ending of the actual effect, and let the folded card be a false prediction, and reveal the real prediction using the wiregram.

Hope that helps :)

That my friend is a great idea!
Definitely going to try that one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results