Witchita Slip

Dec 5, 2007
Yes, if they are really burning your hands, and this advice im going to give you now is like an emergency thing if the whole room of people is burning your hands and you cant get away with anything, so remember that. Only emergency i cant stress that enough.

What you do is you take a deep deep breath and as high as you can you start to sing I AM THE MINDFREAK, THERE IS NO REALITY ! JUST THIS WORLD OF ILLUSIONS! AHHH MINDFREAK. As you do the sleight, and i can promise you they will not burn your hands then.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
And now for something completely different...

Hi man.
Good move, and good question.
The whichita slip is a 'confidence-move'. Like the toppertack move (also Jay Sankey), or a straight outm bottom deal, it relies heavily on confidence. The right attitude, is important. The thing that's lovely about it is, once mastered, it should be invisible... so it shouldn't matter if they're burning you.
It is not like a pass, which must be executed secretly in order to get the most out if it, it's a very open, in your face move.

CL

Jul 15, 2008
Speaking of Sankey, it gives me an idea related to one of his ideas from "Beyond Secrets", he says you should have routines that you use that are:

1. At your current skill level.
2. Just above your skill level.
and 3. Routines that are self working.

If you've got an audience that's making it difficult to perform something that's heavy on the sleights, and has them uninterested in your patter -- maybe you could swap in a routine that's moveless, and get the audience to think of something else.

Your post is also a great reminder to me -- to work on my misdirection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought the move can be done while they're looking on the deck?

I never practiced it, but Jay Sankey does it in his old L&L DVD set, it fooled me badly, had no idea how the card is forced.

Sankey's Beyond Secrets is one awesome book.

Cheers,

I believe this move not to be deceptive enough to be done under scrutiny. Even when Sankey does it I feel as though something happened, that I can not be sure where the card really came from. I have actually been caught using this move and I kind of feel it was not my fault;P

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results