Witness - Lee Asher

Dec 10, 2007
Slovenia (Europe)
Why bother doing this!?

Get an audience and actually PERFORM. I am sick of these. Be different, magic is not for the internet. We saw Witness, we know how it looks. We heard Dana's music. Perform for an audience, maybe even film it and you have my respect.

Also, get a smaller bag.

-Seb

Nov 10, 2007
You did a great job. Zapper u need to calm down and take a chill pill, not everyone has the ability to have someone go out and tape them doing magic. I am sure he does street magic once in a while, he just does not have it on tape.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
You did a great job. Zapper u need to calm down and take a chill pill, not everyone has the ability to have someone go out and tape them doing magic. I am sure he does street magic once in a while, he just does not have it on tape.

But why would we need to see a camera performance?

If we wanted a camera performance, we would watch the trailer, where, although Tadiko's was goo, Lee Asher's is brilliant. Im sure his Witness perofrmance is great on camera - but doing it to real people is very different. I agree with Zapper.

But if you must ignore my rantings, heed this - Do not have the card returned to the deck, and then pull out the bag. If you watched the dvd, Lee Asher specifically says all it does is bring audience anticipation for something which frankly, isn't there.

Gustav

But why would we need to see a camera performance?

If we wanted a camera performance, we would watch the trailer, where, although Tadiko's was goo, Lee Asher's is brilliant. Im sure his Witness perofrmance is great on camera - but doing it to real people is very different. I agree with Zapper.

But if you must ignore my rantings, heed this - Do not have the card returned to the deck, and then pull out the bag. If you watched the dvd, Lee Asher specifically says all it does is bring audience anticipation for something which frankly, isn't there.

Gustav

Agreed,

Magic is an entertaining artform, noone is entertained when you film it on camera.

Mikk

Sep 1, 2007
Agreed,

Magic is an entertaining artform, noone is entertained when you film it on camera.

Mikk

I really don't understand how that's supposed to make sense... I guess you just bypass the entire Media Section? And maybe you've never watched a video of Bill Malone or Tommy Wonder or some of the other fantastic magicians who have filmed their work? Anyways, I thought the performance of Witness was pretty good, but the extra large bag hindered the smoothness of the effect.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
ummmm. idk he wants feedback

For what? More camera performances?

The little feedback I gave him is all that is needed. If he wants real feedback, he should ask his audience, see how they react, question them.

In any event, we can only give him feedbakc on his video performance, which I am quite sure will be different from a live performance.

I really don't understand how that's supposed to make sense... I guess you just bypass the entire Media Section? And maybe you've never watched a video of Bill Malone or Tommy Wonder or some of the other fantastic magicians who have filmed their work?

Ah, but Bill Malone and Tommy Wonder filmed their work - not to the camera, but to an audience. The camera was filming the experience, not the performance.

Gustav

Sep 1, 2007
Ah, but Bill Malone and Tommy Wonder filmed their work - not to the camera, but to an audience. The camera was filming the experience, not the performance.

Gustav

Valid point, and I agree, the original comment about "filming not being entertaining" honestly read as if he was talking about filming magic as a whole. But I do see where you're coming from and tend to agree with you.:)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Valid point, and I agree, the original comment about "filming not being entertaining" honestly read as if he was talking about filming magic as a whole. But I do see where you're coming from and tend to agree with you.:)

Yeah, a little grammer can go a long way in detracting from the main idea, huh? :p

"Seducing the camera"

With 6 billion people in the planet, strange and...exotic fetishes are not surprising.

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results