Witness?

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Hey, I was thinking about getting witness sometime soon. I had some questions...

How is the difficulty?

Is it hard to perform?

Are there any gimmicks I need to worry about?

Is there detailed instruction?

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Hey, I was thinking about getting witness sometime soon. I had some questions...

How is the difficulty?

Is it hard to perform?

Are there any gimmicks I need to worry about?

Is there detailed instruction?

A: It is a VERY easy effect to learn & perform.

A: There are NO GIMMICKS.

A: Lee's instruction on this effect is some of the best that I've seen on a video... period!

The bottom line is: if you are looking for a killer effect that you can add to your performing repertoire - RIGHT NOW - Witness is for you!

C

clarrus

easy

I learned it in like 13 minutes and 52 seconds. GET IT, you will not regret it. Also if you have any questions just PM Lee and he will answer you.

Oct 23, 2007
Austin, TX USA
It's purrty easy. If you've got any experience carrying out these types of illusions (especially Houchin's Indecent), you would be able to spot the method if the preview video showed it - which is why I'm guessing it's not part of the teaser vid. That being said - it's a powerful effect that relies more on your delivery than the method of action. I coughed up my 20 duckets and I feel I got my money's worth.

Ironically, for me the best part wasn't learning the details of the method, but rather it was the production and teaching value of the rest of the video. It's some of the best training I've paid for. I would definitely recommend it.

Sep 1, 2007
I would say this video and panic have some of the best teaching yet. don't get me wrong, Wayne is a great teacher, but Lee and Aaron have taken the time to teach some other stuff other than what makes the effect awesome. They speak about audience management, control, even slightly how to speak to your spectators to get the best reactions. Panic is one of the best effects I have gotten not only because it is killer, but because of the advise. Witness is just like that, Lee is really laid back, but he shows you fine points that would be difficult to learn otherwise.

Oct 23, 2007
Austin, TX USA
witness is too blantently obvious to magicians... thats why they dont show the first part of the trick

Agreed. However, to be perfectly honest most effects are that way. I only perform in front of other magicians to get pointers on presentation and feedback on the performance. Trying to astonish my magical friends is more or less an excercise in futility. They are always looking at the performance from a more mechanical perspective.

Once you know about multi-card lifts and palms, you can probably derive the method behind 80% of all card tricks.

The way I look at it, is to remember that I never buy the method - I pay for the ability to reproduce the effect. The method is always disappointing (it's not magic! :eek:). The effect on the audience in the video is genuine.

The method to achieve the effect is more or less irrelevant, because spectators feel like it's magic regardless of how it's done. That's all that matters to me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results