Workable Gimmicks

Jun 13, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
So I was looking through everything I keep in my jacket today and was wondering what gimmicks everyone else tends to carry with them on a daily basis. Pre-made card gaffs, full on gimmicks, ITR's? I tend to try to pack light but my usual stash of utilities and gimmicks are as follows:
French Kiss Gaffs
Branded Gimmick
Web Spinner
Linking Mints
also sharpies and matches.

TaylorF

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I carry several pre-made card gaffs, as i work almost exclusively with cards. I like carrying decks with double backers and my own self-made red/blue or opposite-colored-back double backers. For the double backer I mostly use ideas presented in Jarek120's channel, DisturbReality, as those are the most usable real world double backer ideas I've ever heard. Not many people use them, and most people don't expect them. As for the opposite color, thats something I hope to release in the next few months.

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
Just like Christopher, I never carry any gimmicks with me. In think you do not need any gimmicks to amaze people - a little sleight of hand and a deck of cards are fully sufficient for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 17, 2013
at most I carry a TT. Most of the time I have Fob on my keychain but I am very selective when I perform. I'm not one to accost random people on the street or at a mall.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Just like Christopher, I never carry any gimmicks with me. In think you do not need any gimmicks to amaze people - a little sleight of hand and a deck of cards are fully sufficient for me...

You don't need gimmicks, sure. But you can do things with gimmicks you can't do with sleight of hand. It's not very wise, in my mind, to limit oneself to either gimmicks or pure sleight of hand. Neither is 'better' overall - choose the method that is best for the performance.

I don't carry gimmicks most of the time because I don't like having more than one thing in my pockets, usually. There's some exceptions, but I'm a bit OCD and that's one way it manifests. While I really enjoy doing card work and often carry a deck with me, I don't do many card tricks with the persona I'm developing. In fact I don't do anything I consider to specifically be a 'card trick'. There's a difference between card magic, and magic with cards. I prefer the latter.

These days I'm more likely to lean towards something more organic feeling and that would probably use the items around me at any given moment.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results