Worst reaction you have gotten?

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
With all the threads on the best reactions people got, I decided to find out how bad reactions can get from my fellow T11 members.

Ill start off

One day at university I was teaching a guy how to do a maths question. I was like "hey do you wanna see some magic?"
he was like "yeh sure"

Showed him my strongest effect (my version of stigmata)

he was like "ohh ok...I still don't get this maths question.."
While the guy behind me who I wasn't performing for Flipped out.

What are some of the worst reactions you've gotten?

Nov 17, 2007
Haha. Sorry man. That must of sucked. Um...worst reaction...probably when I did a trick for my brother (who's seen like 1000 of my tricks). He just nodded and walked away.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Michael Nasello never gets bad reactions because Michael Nasello will chop off someones finger and not put it back on. That usually gets insane reactions.

(Note to Michael Nasello's probation officer, I promise you it was only that one time I promise)

-Michael

May 16, 2008
Pittsburgh
i had been doing the haunted pack a lot one day getting great reactions. One guy just grabbed the loop and ripped it off of me.

The same guy:
I was doing the hovercard, he comes over, grabs the card and rips it right off of the gimmick
:mad:

Mar 30, 2008
DC
My Amazing Shrinking Deck Routine normally gets me good reactions but one time a spectator was like, "No, the box ******* (won't reveal the trick, I do not know how that guy figured it out so quickly either)"...

It was pretty bad, but then i did some justice with Derren Brown's Smoke ^.^

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
" your lifting two cards, thats not magic"

now this wouldn't have been as insulting if i had just done a double lift and done it badly... the only issue was i was only lifting one card.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
"Cool."

Joel told me a story where he did a torn-corner bill transpo effect that is in his stage show at California Magic, and he played it all up, built it up, was getting ready for the big moment, and he asked the lady to make sure the corner still fit. She said, "Eh, it's pretty close."

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
a guy at school that started me in magic who is now a noob and only really learns off youtube. Anyway i was doing a trick where i had a card that shouldn't be on top of the deck, and he says lets me see that card so i palmed the top card and turned over the next and hes like nice double lift.
He is so goddamn annoying as he reckons he knows how its done but he doesn't and i can't really say its not a double i'm plaming it. I just decided to never show him a trick unless im like perfet at it

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
i had been doing the haunted pack a lot one day getting great reactions. One guy just grabbed the loop and ripped it off of me.

The same guy:
I was doing the hovercard, he comes over, grabs the card and rips it right off of the gimmick
:mad:

Why did you perform a second trick for that heckler / jerk?

As soon as someone is a smart ass during one of my tricks, I either do a sucker trick on them to shut them up, or I completely DESTROY them infront of their peers. Either way I get a kick out of it, and it usually embarrasses the spectator, making them learn not to F@%# with the guy holding the cards!

actually, I don't perform any more magic once my audience starts acting stupid. I usually move onto some juggling or just move on to another group of people.

As for my worst reaction....have gotten this several times...as I'm doing a trick that uses either a top change or a classic pass, basically any card slight that is not noticeable to the person you are performing to, but is noticeable to their jerk-off friend who is burning your hands, and that person yells out, "OH I SO SAW THAT".....right in the middle of the trick. I've stopped in the middle of the trick, just stared at them and waited for what they were going to say next. I've even gone as far as to say, "thanks.....you've just ruined the magic for everyone who was watching." Normally the spectator that I was performing for gives that person a dirty look and apologizes and asks me to show them something else....maybe even the same trick again.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Actually...this past weekend I was performing "Plastic Lady", and a kid blurted out,
Kid: "Oh I know how you did that"
Me: "Are you a magician?"
Kid: "Yes"
Me: "Ok...then tell me how I did that."
Kid: "Magicians NEVER reveal their secrets".
Me: "But I'm a magician"
Me: "BUT I'M A MAGICIAN...AND I JUST DID THE TRICK".
Kid: "MAGICIANS NEVER REVEAL THEIR SECRETS".

I almost sprung my deck of cards right at the kids face......it was his complete STUPIDNESS that pissed me off, not the fact that he was heckling me.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Actually...this past weekend I was performing "Plastic Lady", and a kid blurted out,
Kid: "Oh I know how you did that"
Me: "Are you a magician?"
Kid: "Yes"
Me: "Ok...then tell me how I did that."
Me: "But I'm a magician"
Me: "BUT I'M A MAGICIAN...AND I JUST DID THE TRICK".
Kid: "MAGICIANS NEVER REVEAL THEIR SECRETS".

I almost sprung my deck of cards right at the kids face......it was his complete STUPIDNESS that pissed me off, not the fact that he was heckling me.

ROFL thats hilarious

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results