Wynns or Absolut Deck

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Another incredibly general question... :rolleyes:

With what you're giving us, we can't help. It all depends on you. Get both, then decide.

Only you can make that decision.

-Kevin

Oct 21, 2007
What you have just asked has no definite answer at all because wynns and absolutes are on completely different sides of the spectrum. Wynns are thick with and aladdin type finish (but not good fanability) and absolutes are super thin (one ply) and fan quite well when broken in. So basically, both are great cards but each have their cons. If you get wynns you might as well forget about getting a nice fan out of them and if you get absolutes its difficult to do cuts with them because of the thinness of the stock. So its up to you to see which one is better.

Sep 20, 2007
What you have just asked has no definite answer at all because wynns and absolutes are on completely different sides of the spectrum. Wynns are thick with and aladdin type finish (but not good fanability) and absolutes are super thin (one ply) and fan quite well when broken in. So basically, both are great cards but each have their cons. If you get wynns you might as well forget about getting a nice fan out of them and if you get absolutes its difficult to do cuts with them because of the thinness of the stock. So its up to you to see which one is better.

no. absoluts are better, far better. they cut better, fan better, look hotter, and have drink recipes. done deal. wynns are garbage.

:p

absolutely absolut

^this.

As said before, you have to try the decks yourself.

no, buy absoluts.

lol

May 9, 2008
Seeing that Wynns are readily available, and Vodkas are not, I'd go for Wynns. I personally really like Wynns. I've never tried Vodkas, but would love to get my hands on them...

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Talley-Ho No. 9's. (Blue Fan Backs ftw!) (or be like most everyone else and choose circles...)

Cheaper, last pretty long, are in fun middle of the spectrum (imo) fan pretty well and are thick enough to cut with but super-thick. Did I mention cheaper? and Always available!

2cents.

-Rik

May 9, 2008
Talley-Ho No. 9's. (Blue Fan Backs ftw!) (or be like most everyone else and choose circles...)

Cheaper, last pretty long, are in fun middle of the spectrum (imo) fan pretty well and are thick enough to cut with but super-thick. Did I mention cheaper? and Always available!

2cents.

-Rik

That wasn't the question! When someone asks for an opinion about A and B, someone give an answer for C. The question was "Wynns or Vodkas?", not "Wynns, Vodkas, or Tally-Ho No. 9's?".

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I personally prefer Wynns over Absoluts since I prefer thick and sturdy cards rather than decks with a thin stock.

But then again, everyone has their own individual opinion when it comes to type of cards to use. It's all about your own taste :)

-Garry

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
That wasn't the question! When someone asks for an opinion about A and B, someone give an answer for C. The question was "Wynns or Vodkas?", not "Wynns, Vodkas, or Tally-Ho No. 9's?".

Whoa Whoa Whoa...

you can calm down.

A)I don't own Absoluts or Wynns, mainly because I've tried Wynns and don't particularly like thick stock and someone told me Absoluts are a (much) better finished Aviators, which are too thin for me.

B)You didn't ask the question. What if my opinion actually helps the person asking the question out? If I don't say it, they would have never known...

C)...calm down.(had to say it again)

May 9, 2008
A.) Are you seriously telling me to calm down??? WHY? Because I used an exclamation point? I was emphasizing a point. Would you prefer we all be mono-toned zombies? Have some personality.

B.) Your opinion does help at all when you go completely off topic and bring up a product which he didn't ask your opinion on. How do you know he doesn't already know all about Tally-Hos? I could go into opinions about a million other decks, but I didn't because that would be going off topic because he didn't ask about the other decks, he asked about 2 specific decks. He basically asked, "If you had to choose betweens Wynns or Absoluts, which deck would you choose?"

A)I don't own Absoluts or Wynns, mainly because I've tried Wynns and don't particularly like thick stock and someone told me Absoluts are a (much) better finished Aviators, which are too thin for me.

"I don't own Absoluts or Wynns".... that was the key phrase right there. Why even contribute to the thread if you don't have an opinion or experience with either of the decks mentioned? He wasn't asking, "What are your favorite cards to flourish with?" If he knows about Wynns or Absoluts, I'm sure he knows about many other types of decks, more well known, including Tally-Hos.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
A.) Are you seriously telling me to calm down??? WHY? Because I used an exclamation point?

Generally, on the Internet, USING CAPS AND EXCLAMATION MARKS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING!!!!!!!

Plus, it's an exclamation mark.

B.) Your opinion does help at all

I assume you meant doesn't help. If so, I disagree. What's wrong with contributing a bit more information? Does it actually hurt the original poster to learn?

Basically, and I think this is the underlying factor here, what foolzsight meant by his post was that he didn't like either of the decks, and that Tally Ho's are better, because they're cheaper.

Giving someone an extra option isn't a bad thing. In this case, it may have helped whoever asked...

A somewhat aggressive response in return isn't helping anything.

Back on topic, personally I prefer Wynn's. They hold together in cuts unbelievably well and they look hawt. However, if your flourishing includes a lot of fans, forget it. ;)

Hope I helped.

-Sam H

May 9, 2008
Sam Hardy,

I apologized if YOU thought I was shouting. All caps does not mean shouting. Now if the entire phrase was in caps, I can see why you would have thought I was shouting. When an individual word is in caps, tt simply is used when one emphasizes a point. At the corporate headquarters where I work, there was recently a company-wide email sent in response to one of the director level employees sending an email where they had typed all caps in one of their sentences. The complaint was that certain employees who were ignorant in communications etiquette felt that they were being shouted at because of the all-caps sentence. An email on etiquette in communications was sent illustrating widely accepted means of emphasizing points. All-caps was one of those methods.

Taken from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps
All caps is usually used for emphasis. It is commonly seen in the titles on book covers, advertising, billboards, and in dramatic newspaper headlines. Short strings of words in all caps appear bolder and "louder" than mixed case. All caps is also used to indicate that a given word is an acronym.

Also, about your comment on my exclamation point. You can call it an exclamation mark if you wish. However both means are widely accepted and valid.

Taken from Dictionary.com:

exclamation point 
–noun 1. the sign (!) used in writing after an exclamation.
2. this mark sometimes used in writing two or more times in succession to indicate intensity of emotion, loudness, etc.: Long live the Queen!!
3. this mark sometimes used without accompanying words in writing direct discourse to indicate a speaker's dumbfounded astonishment: “His wife just gave birth to quintuplets.” (!)

Also called exclamation mark.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1860–65

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
Absoluts are so much better.

I hate my Wynns. Once they get a bit of dirt on them, they spread like crap. The dirt seems to cling to them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results