Xtreme Beginnerz

Status
Not open for further replies.
XB

Teaching

XB is the best basic XCM training video out there. When I first watched it, I couldn't believe how much I learned the first time I watched it. De'vo, Jerry, Greg Irwin, Daryl, and Jeff McBride go into so much detail for our sake. They go over each move at least 6 times slowly. Then they speed up.

Content

OH MY GOD! There is unlimited content in here. If someone doesn't learn something from XB... then shame on you. There is so much material in here you can't go wrong.

Things to Know gives you lots of information to start off your XCMing career. I learned things about cards I would have never figured out on any other DVD.

The Basics is worth the money itself. This is where you learn most of the moves on the DVD. They teach EVERYTHING in this section. Literally everything. I couldn't believe my eyes when the Basics menu popped up. There were so many little blue screens. I loved the sight and will for a long time. The moves are just incredible. De'vo and Jerry are geniuses.

Performing

The performing pro tips teaches you everything you need to know about how and when to perform XCM in different venues. I am so confident to perform XCM in venues I never thought possible.

Fanning Workshop

Jerry's Fanning Workshop is the single greatest teaching of fans I have ever seen. Everything you want to know about fans is in there. From a basic thumb fan, to the giant fan, Jerry teaches everything. My fans are bigger and smoother because of Jerry's teaching. I've always wanted to weave cards but I've found it incredibly hard, but Jerry gives every single possible detail of weaving, even the angles and pressure. Now I can weave cards perfectly.

Q Section

They should have just sold this part separately called Xtreme Beginner at XCM. But no, they had to squeeze it there. Watching a beginner helped me a lot to know what I will go through and what he did to improve his training. It was also INCREDIBLY funny. Q is just a naturally funny guy. I can tell.

Mitchell Stafiej

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I've been on the fence lately about buying anything that had to do with XCM stuff. But, from what you've told us about it...it sounds like it is WAY worth the money. Thanks for the review, you probably just convinced me to give it a go!

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
austria
extreme beginnerz is definetely worth every single buck. i own it myself, and it was the first dvd i got after i discovered the art of flourishing, and it really helped me alot.
the only thing i fell i have to mention is that as the name says, the extreme beginnerz dvd is best for complete newbies in flourishing. if you already got the basics like charlier and fanning and the spring you will be disappointed because it won't help you very much, you should rather check out volume 2.

Sep 4, 2007
Of all the material I have run across on the subject, XB is the most in-depth, and, certainly, the most well produced and put together.

For a quick comparison, let's compare The System with XB:

It's like night and day to me. XB has an amazing amount of content, taught in several different ways, at several different angles. The System is just as robust in this area, teaching each move from two different angles at fast and slow speeds.

Unfortunately, this is where the similarities end. Although the material on The System is clearly top notch, innovative, and fun, the teaching style, or lack there of, leaves something to be desired. While The System feels very sterile and impersonal, XB makes you feel like you are having a 1on1 session with De'Vo, Jerry, and Daryl et al. The vocal instruction and tips sections are some of the best tid-bits on XB, and I don't see why more DVD producers don't follow XB's lead.

I have The System, but, I don't find it anywhere as enjoyable working on the stuff, strictly because I feel more like an observer, rather than a participant or a pupil.

Again, the material on The System is great, and I am glad to have it, but it just isn't as pleasant an experience for me to work with.

Bravo SuperHandz, for putting out an excellent product.

Small hands.

i saw this on E. hope it's helps with questions dealing XCM with small hands

first posted by:gMan1721

Chapter #2. Basic Moves

-Classic Charlier (simple basic move)
-Double Charlier (hard to do with small hands)
-Running Charlier (not very hard)
-Open Book (Building on the classic Charlier, easy with big palms, managable with small ones)
-Double Book (similar to the double charlier, so I had trouble with it)
-Double Flop - UNPUBLISHED! (good and easy)
-Triple Flop (like the double charlier, I am limited by my hand size)
Charlier Showcase (the cross hand stuff takes a while to perfect)
-Special Close (not very hard to get down, but looks cool)
-Special Close combo idea - UNPUBLISHED!

CARD TABLE MOVES
-One-handed shuffle (can be down with small hands with a lot of practice)
-One Handed Square Cut (easy)
-Double Square Cut (easy)
-Scissor Cut (can be done if you build enough flexibility)
-Thumb Cut (needs long fingers)
-Flapjacks (includes Triple and 5 Packet Flapjack) - ALL FLAPJACKS UNPUBLISHED! (simple)
-Ribbon Spread + Twin Peaks(simple once you learn how to bevel)
-Flick and Pop Opener (easy and simple)
-Swing Cut (easy)
-Running Swing cut (just building on the swing cut)
- Pivot Cut (easy)
-Pivot with spin (hard to get down the spinning move)
-Double Pivot Cut (easy)

UTILITIES
-Deck Twirles (not effected by hand size)
-Deck Division 1,2,3 (easy except for #3)
-Single packet throw (Hard, similar to the thumb cut)
-Simple Turnover (easy)
-Basic Trip (easy)
-Trip Double (swing cut + 2 trips, easy)
-Turnovers (easy)
-Flipback (hard to balance, has nothing to do with hand size)

PERCHING CONCEPTS - (basics are fairly easy, need creativity to build on though)

SPECIAL MOVES

Jeff McBride’s Salamander Combo - UNPUBLISHED!
-Simple Roll (easy)
-Around the World (easy, takes a while to do quickly)
-Salamander combo (once you get the two above moves down, it is easy)
-Single Card Roll (just like the coin roll, but easier)
-Double Card Roll (very hard)
-Around the World 2 (takes time to get down)
-Salamander Combo 2 - advanced!

Daryl
-Daryl’s Hot Shot Cut (takes practice to position packets, but easy w/ practice)

De’vo
-Vertical Spin (very hard with small fingers)
-Wind Elemental Finger Spin (easy)
-Flash Drei - UNPUBLISHED PUBLICALLY! (pretty easy with small fingers)
-Impossible Stack Close - UNPUBLISHED PUBLICALLY! (once you build the finger strength this is easy)

2 IMPACT MOVES
-Spring - Proper corner grip method (easy concept, hard to get a really big one)
-Basic Armspread (similar to ribbon spread)
-Basic Down Catch (if you can spread them correctly, this is easy)

CHAPTER # 3 - 1 HOUR Fanning Workshop

FANNING WORKSHOP (hard: you can still fan, they are just smaller)

Basically, as De'vo says, you should focus more on your flexibility, and a finger fitness course is provided in the DVD.

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
Sorry to burst EVERYONES bubble, but I absolutely Hated extreme beginners (no, I'm not even going to capitalize the title). It was completely horrible to me because I learned absolutely nothing! All the " XCM " was not even XCM!
What jewelry to wear....? I mean cmon....
What to pack in your bag..? Some of this stuff as a beginner XCM'er I don't even need to know. All of the crap discussed on the DVD I thought was just filler.
This is probably the worst DVD I had ever encountered. Ever.

If you haven't bought it yet I would recommend you DON'T. Whoever told me to buy the DVD was completely wrong in my case. Everything on the DVD is so forgetful, and the second DVD is with Q, which is totally filler with out learning ANYTHING.

Brian

Oct 28, 2007
Thank you briankilledyou! finally someone else thinks this sucks!
This video is just a waste of money like kard klub (>.<)
it is so unhelpful and seriously make sure your jewlry matches you buttons! get manacures
of course you need to look nice preforming that is a given and just clip your nails!
they go over a half and hour on a flop cut which isn't even impresive!
complete waste of money.

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
Thank you briankilledyou! finally someone else thinks this sucks!
This video is just a waste of money like kard klub (>.<)
it is so unhelpful and seriously make sure your jewlry matches you buttons! get manacures
of course you need to look nice preforming that is a given and just clip your nails!
they go over a half and hour on a flop cut which isn't even impresive!
complete waste of money.
Lol... I also thought Kard Klub was crap :p

Aug 31, 2007
Sorry to burst EVERYONES bubble, but I absolutely Hated extreme beginners (no, I'm not even going to capitalize the title). It was completely horrible to me because I learned absolutely nothing! All the " XCM " was not even XCM!
What jewelry to wear....? I mean cmon....
What to pack in your bag..? Some of this stuff as a beginner XCM'er I don't even need to know. All of the crap discussed on the DVD I thought was just filler.
This is probably the worst DVD I had ever encountered. Ever.

If you haven't bought it yet I would recommend you DON'T. Whoever told me to buy the DVD was completely wrong in my case. Everything on the DVD is so forgetful, and the second DVD is with Q, which is totally filler with out learning ANYTHING.

Brian

Well, maybe you forgot that this dvd was for "extreme beginners."

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
XCM is not what jewlery to wear, XCM is not what to carry in your bag, XCM is not 'how to get manacures and look great and proffesional so they won't get distracted'. Ill tell you the only thing I learned was..... I forgot sorry. I just threw away 'extreme beginners' because it is taking up space in my cabinet.
extreme beginners in my book is "Ok so now we will take the deck and flip it just like this... Ok lets reapeat that and move on to the next piece of crap."

Over everything me and Ninja(the other Ninja) said you still are thinking about getting this?
Okay whatever, waste your money. You won't learn anything.

So were did you learn your basics from. The section in the beggining about jeweraly is for professionals. If you stay with flourishing and decide to go pro you will find out that the information was preety helpful. Also there is so much material in it I doubt you already knew everything in it. I mean seriously just cause you can do a slow chalier dosen't mean you mastered the cut. I mean look at what's in the dvd.

GREG IRWIN - Finger Fitness Expert teaches hand health and exercises for XCM
-Hand massage
-Hand and finger stretching/2 several exercises
-Flexibility stretch
-Itsy bitsy exercise
-Ladder walk
-Splitting exercises - UNPUBLISHED!

Chapter #2. Basic Moves
CHARLIER SECTION
-Classic Charlier
-Double Charlier
-Running Charlier
-Open Book
-Double Book
-Double Flop - UNPUBLISHED!
-Triple Flop
Charlier Showcase
-Special Close
-Special Close combo idea - UNPUBLISHED!

CARD TABLE MOVES
-One-handed shuffle
-Cool shuffle ideas (3)
-One Handed Square Cut
-Double Square Cut
-Scissor Cut
-Thumb Cut
-Flapjack Table Cut - ALL FLAPJACKS UNPUBLISHED!
-Triple Flapjack
-5 Packet Flapjack
-Ribbon Spread
-Twin Peaks
-Flick and Pop Opener
-Swing Cut
-Running Swing cut
-Pivot Cut
-Pivot with spin
-Double Pivot Cut

UTILITIES
-Deck Twirl
-Twirl Pick Up
-Twirl Put Down
-Deck Division #1
-Deck Division #2
-Cross-handed
-Deck Division #3
-Combo Ideas
-Single packet throw
-Packet Flipping
-Simple Turnover
-Single and double handed
-Basic Trip
-Trip Double
-Basic Turnovers
-Trip Turnover
-Triple Turnover
-Running Turnover
-Flipback w/reverse
-Charlier Flipback Combo
-G-Force Flipback w/reverse - UNPUBLISHED PUBLICALLY
-Rolling Flipbacks - UNPUBLISHED PUBLICALLY

PERCHING CONCEPTS - too many ideas and screen shots to list! ALL UNPUBLISHED!
-Basic Perching
-Reverse Perching

BONUS The Coin Roll
-Over the Ring technique
-Combo ideas

SPECIAL MOVES

Jeff McBride’s Salamander Combo - UNPUBLISHED!
-Simple Roll
-Around the World
-Salamander combo
-Single Card Roll
-Double Card Roll
-Around the World 2
-Salamander Combo 2 - advanced!

Daryl
-Daryl’s Hot Shot Cut

De’vo
-Vertical Spin
-Wind Elemental Finger Spin
-Flash Drei - UNPUBLISHED PUBLICALLY!
-Impossible Stack Close - UNPUBLISHED PUBLICALLY!

2 IMPACT MOVES
-Spring - Proper corner grip method
-Basic Armspread
-Basic Down Catch

CHAPTER # 3 - 1 HOUR Fanning WorkshopFANNING WORKSHOP
-Intro
-Deck condition
-Fanning Techniques
-Thumb Fan
-Pressure Fan
-Twin Fans
-Twin Fan Close
-Giant Fan
-In-depth on the weave
-Production fan
-One handed close
-Simple close
-Nice close
-Jerry’s in the hands spread - UNPUBLISHED

Your saying that you knew everything on this dvd when you bought it. I doubt it. Why not make a video showing us your maginficant skill.

Jan 31, 2008
Anyone who criticizes the dvd like that better have skills to back up what he says, I seriously doubt BKY's or Ninja's fanning (or anything else taught in XB) is as good as most people I know, and if you think it's so bad why don't you post a vid up showing your skillz or make your own beginners dvd?

Oct 28, 2007
Anyone who criticizes the dvd like that better have skills to back up what he says, I seriously doubt BKY's or Ninja's fanning (or anything else taught in XB) is as good as most people I know, and if you think it's so bad why don't you post a vid up showing your skillz or make your own beginners dvd?

Trust me dude i have skills to back this up and dude fanning is so simple and i would put up a video but i don't have a decenct camera and i am kind of a perfectionist with certain things so once i save up enough money for a camera and good editing software i will
just so you know once i turn 16 i will be releasing a dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results