Yet Another Introduction!

May 15, 2010
Hello Everyone!

I suppose I'm not super new to these forums (I've been registered for a few years), but I've recently decided to become active. This (unlike some other sites that I have been to) seems to be one of the friendlier forums on magic that I have seen.

I have always loved magic, but in 2010 I decided to start learning what I could from Youtube (watching professionals perform the classics, creating my own methods to accomplish similar things, etc.). Like many newer magicians, I am interested primarily in impromptu card magic; however, I also have a rather large interest in theatrical pickpocketing and stage hypnosis. All of these have one thing in common- they can be done anytime and anywhere, which is really important to me as a hobbyist. I've also bought some of Eric Jones' coin material and learned the basic sleights to diversify a bit.

As I wrote earlier, my interest in magic revolves around card magic. I am incredibly interested in gambling, scams, and con work in general. Just to be clear-I do not actually scam people out of real money, I make other people aware of them so that they do not get hustled in the real world. Almost all of what I do involves an enormous amount of knuckle busting sleight of hand. I have benefited greatly from the work of Jason England and Steve Forte and have learned quite a few interesting and useful ideas for controlling cards. My diagonal palm shift still needs work, but as magicians we can always get better!

Some of the magicians that I have been inspired by (in no particular order):

Darwin Ortiz (his presentation)
Jason England (his knowledge of the history)
Steve Forte (his dexterity & style)
Michael Vincent (his presentation, mastery of sleights, and style)
Benjamin Earl (Past Midnight was excellent)
Eric Jones (smooth as silk)
James Brown (interesting hypnosis/magic blend)

Anyway, I look forward to participating in more discussions with you all!
-Mahucharn

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Glad you decided to become active here Mahucharn! You are right...for the most part everyone is fairly friendly here and we all try to help each other out. Sometimes we have a few bad apples but for the most part they find out that if they don't shape up we ship 'em out.
We all like to advance in the art of magic. Sounds like you have a good background thus far. Looking forward to hearing from you in some of our discussions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results