Yet to use cards...

Jul 18, 2008
Embarrassing as a magician, but I've never preformed a card trick for any but my good friends.

I've only had the nerve to pull out coins, rubber bands, and such, I just don't yet have the confidence to whip out a deck of cards and be like "Wanna see a card trick/magic??" to random people on the street. It's just so unusual, I suppose I care what people think too much. I'm content for now tho :)

One day...

Dec 10, 2007
if you are content and you find it embarrassing, what was the point of making a thread announcing it? Attention?

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Dude It Is like jumping into a cold swimming pool, if you ease in it will be very unpleasant but if you just jump in you get that shock over with. My advice is to just go for it. That's how i and probably a lot of people have done it.

Z-M

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Dude It Is like jumping into a cold swimming pool, if you ease in it will be very unpleasant but if you just jump in you get that shock over with. My advice is to just go for it. That's how i and probably a lot of people have done it.

Z-M

Wooho Swimming but agreed go out and just do it you will enjoy i tnad you will learn much more than you can from any book or dvd.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
You can't just jump from 0-10 unless you naturally love attention.
Like people have said ease yourself in. I wasn't able to show my whole routine to people until one year into card magic, where I was able to deliver my patter properly.

Everyone has nerves, just take baby steps and pretty soon you'll be ready for the big league.

D

Deleted member 2755

If you're afraid of making a fool out of yourself then you're not living.

Who cares what people think, you're you...

Mitch

*Gives high five.*

Anyway, if you don't like card magic, no one said you have to do it. What's wrong with not doing card magic? Its not like every magician out there does card magic. If you enjoy card magic though, then just build up your confidence and you'll be able to do it soon. Just force yourself. First perform for your close friends and family and then branch out from there.

-Doug

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
You can't just jump from 0-10 unless you naturally love attention.
Like people have said ease yourself in. I wasn't able to show my whole routine to people until one year into card magic, where I was able to deliver my patter properly.

Everyone has nerves, just take baby steps and pretty soon you'll be ready for the big league.

Learn to walk before we run

Apr 27, 2008
While easing into it may help, but I jumped in. I am not a very self conscious person at all and couldn't care what people thought or said about me, but for some reason I had these nerves about my magic. It could be because I practiced my stuff for so long and didn't feel like being judged on something I really worked hard for. One day I went to some random people at my school with just me and a pen and pieces of paper (E.I.) and did my best to perform some mentalism.

Moral of the story is that I felt the same way I did about my mentalism stuff as you do about your cards. Until you feel comfortable with the stuff by yourself then don't do it, but once you feel like everything is smooth then ask someone to do a trick or w/e and just do it. Nothing will be more satisfying than just doing a trick and getting that priceless reaction you deserve. Good Luck to ya.

Sep 3, 2007
Probably if you're really good at that type of stuff you could get compensated for it couldn't you? By the way nice question to win on a very intense selection of ardent replies.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results