Yigal Mesika Elastics (invinsble thread)

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
i was wandering does anyone here know how to use this thing?

and is it good?
because after i purchased this thing i felt like being cheated...:mad:

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
You have not been cheated. You just needa learn.
Do you have any experience with invisible thread? Elastics? loops? Psychokinesis? or did you just buy it because you thought it be cool to have some thread.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
If you buy loops, you will feel cheated. Although it works and everything. its just not worth it. The elastics is the same stuff as loops but u get so much more.
I honestly dont use YME. This is because it is black and my environment is very white. It stands out like a sore thumb. What I use is Silk Worm Clear. Silk Worm comes in 3 colors. White, Clear, and Black. Theyre strength and everything is similiar to YME, but I think they are thinner. SW comes in just a little spool while YME comes in a dispenser. I dont really care.
But Clear SW is so damn invisible in broad day light. As long as youre not under a big harsh light, then its invisible. Like seriously invisible. I made a loop and lost it on my hand. Woke up 2 days later finding it on my arm.
You get around teh same amount as YME. It lasts for ever. Im still on my first spool. and I have made hundreds of loops.

Dec 4, 2008
Elastic thread is used often to make elastic loops. If you do not know how to tie loops with the elastic thread you can look up The Million Dollar Knot on penguinmagic.com. Here is the link: http://penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=855 That will show you how to tie loops the way that I learned how to plus you will get more invisible elastic thread and magician's wax.

If you buy loops, you will feel cheated. Although it works and everything. its just not worth it. The elastics is the same stuff as loops but u get so much more.
I honestly dont use YME. This is because it is black and my environment is very white. It stands out like a sore thumb. What I use is Silk Worm Clear. Silk Worm comes in 3 colors. White, Clear, and Black. Theyre strength and everything is similiar to YME, but I think they are thinner. SW comes in just a little spool while YME comes in a dispenser. I dont really care.
But Clear SW is so damn invisible in broad day light. As long as youre not under a big harsh light, then its invisible. Like seriously invisible. I made a loop and lost it on my hand. Woke up 2 days later finding it on my arm.
You get around teh same amount as YME. It lasts for ever. Im still on my first spool. and I have made hundreds of loops.

I have loops which I actually like but like you said they're not worth it. I also bought a spool of silkworm. To me this stuff sucks. I make loops and the thread, I really don't know how to explain this, but it twists and tangles up after you tie it. Doesn't stay in a neat loop. Also silkworm is nowhere near as elastic as the loops.

Do you have any suggestions for using this stuff since it seems to work for you? Help appreciated as I would like to use the silkworm since I bought it. Thanks.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Really?
I love the stuff.
I make the loop using the Box Monster technique. I have never gotten it twisted like you though. weird. I keep them on the same card that Loops come in. A black card with notches in it.
I havent used YME in ages so i cant really compare the elasticity. But Silk worm can do most of the stuff I want. Haunted packs, floating bills, etc.
I also usually do the pre stretches taught in Gurilla guide. Works well.

I think that the tangling of the loops is that you have twisted the thread while making it. Even then, it shouldnt be a problem. Straighten it out. Dangle the wax and let it spin straight.
As for loops, they should never have a chance to tangle. As they are always in a Loop shape, they will never come together to tangle.

Thanks for the tips guys. I only tried making a few before I became frustrated and gave up. They probably are just twisted while making them. I'll try some more. Maybe pre-stretching will help also. I guess I just never looked for the obvious solutions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results