You can't make this stuff up, I forgot to tell you all this

So, im at my local mall on Tuesday evening. I go to the food court get a Cinnabon and start messing with cards. And I chose to get a Cinnabon so I can eat it with a fork and a knife to keep my fingers clean for my cards. Anyway, table next to me was mother and daughter I assume, the daughter asks if I did tricks.......I did one, and did the ACR next. So, to end it I did a cover pass, and I usually do a Blaine shapeshifter to turn into their card. Idk why but my mind said, try the shake change idiot. Ok here goes, as im doing it I rotated the cards all the way around and they spring off my pointer finger.....one card lands in the mothers salad, I guess they were distracted by that card and didn't see the other one fling off. The daughter goes holy s***, that's it !!! They asked if that was supposed to happen lol and I said it was supposed to land on the table in between them.....haha. I go back to my table I see the other card by their feet on the floor. Sat there 40 freaking minutes pretending to be on my cell phone to get my Jack of Spades back. Lmao. This is a first for me and I thought you all might enjoy and get some laughter out of my embarrassment LMAO. Anyway have a great weekend

Jul 26, 2016
One of the things i have heard Juan Tamariz say and write about is the importance of "dressing up a trick." Somehow I don't think he literally meant with salad dressing, LOL, but it's funny how an accident could end up blowing someone's mind and getting a better reaction than something planned. But like you said, you can't make this stuff up. One time, about 10 years ago, I was sessioning with a very good magician friend of mine whom I have known for many years. At one point, he took a card out of his deck and holding it up, back toward me, he playfully challenged me, "If you're so good, tell me what card this is." Without hesitation, I said, "Six of Diamonds." IDK, it was just the first thing that came to mind. I almost had to help him pick his jaw up off the ground. Nothing planned or practiced - but he still talks and tells people about it to this day...

One of the things i have heard Juan Tamariz say and write about is the importance of "dressing up a trick." Somehow I don't think he literally meant with salad dressing, LOL, but it's funny how an accident could end up blowing someone's mind and getting a better reaction than something planned. But like you said, you can't make this stuff up. One time, about 10 years ago, I was sessioning with a very good magician friend of mine whom I have known for many years. At one point, he took a card out of his deck and holding it up, back toward me, he playfully challenged me, "If you're so good, tell me what card this is." Without hesitation, I said, "Six of Diamonds." IDK, it was just the first thing that came to mind. I almost had to help him pick his jaw up off the ground. Nothing planned or practiced - but he still talks and tells people about it to this day...
Haha omg, what are the odds right ?? Welcome to my Life. ...I can't imagine what the look on his face was like, or rather what he first said, lol..... Priceless

Dec 29, 2017

I had that happen recently with a buddy. Fun fact, don’t wear mirrored sunglasses when doing that shtick. He is still convinced they’re marked.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results