You know what would be awesome?

This is a wonderful site, and I enjoy the thought process behind it, however I've noticed in the multimedia that most of the videos seem to be cardistry/ flourishing and that doesn't bother especially since I am also a practitioner, however, I think it would be nice to see a little more sleight of hand magic and actual routines than there are right now. Whether it be card magic, rope magic, coins, thimbles (old school), cigarettes, you name it. I understand that this site is young. I'm just hoping for more in the future.

Any thoughts?

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Yeah I agree.

I myself am not into all that XCM stuff, it looks good, but doesn't appeal to me.

Aug 31, 2007
While I am more of a magician than a flourisher, trust me: magic on camera is never as good. I would rather have more flourish/cardistry based videos rather than magic ones.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 3, 2007
Jordan lapping put it the best.
When people leave out the patter, then they might as well not post a video.
I am sure that magic would be very entertaining if people talked in there videos.
If anyone has seen the DGP they would know that magic can be entertaining.
Those dvd's are hilarious. I watch them before I go out to perform, because they get me so pumped to do magic.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I am sure that magic would be very entertaining if people talked in there videos.
Those dvd's are hilarious. I watch them before I go out to perform, because they get me so pumped to do magic.

HEY I DO TO!!
Sweet!

I also watch decent, and stigmata.

Because stigmata when he does th etrick to the redneck.. Always cracks me up.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.

Patter does make magic more interactive and fun to watch... Danny Garcia is one of my favorite underground magicians to watch. (As well as Wayne Houchin- his Distortion performances are hysterical!)

Sep 2, 2007
Does anyone know who all the videos have to go through to get approved?

I believe it has to go through Richard Zadorozny (I hope I spelled that right :D) who's in charge of "media system development." However, I would not be suprised if others in the theory11 crew had the ability to approve videos.

however, I think it would be nice to see a little more sleight of hand magic and actual routines than there are right now. Whether it be card magic, rope magic, coins, thimbles (old school), cigarettes, you name it. I understand that this site is young. I'm just hoping for more in the future.

In order for there to be more "sleight of hand magic and actual routines," members have to submit videos containing those facets. Therefore, you may need to motivate us, the theory11 forum members, to submit the types of videos you want to see -- a rally would be a nice start. :D

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
I believe it has to go through Richard Zadorozny (I hope I spelled that right :D) who's in charge of "media system development." However, I would not be suprised if others in the theory11 crew had the ability to approve videos.

In order for there to be more "sleight of hand magic and actual routines," members have to submit videos containing those facets. Therefore, you may need to motivate us, the theory11 forum members, to submit the types of videos you want to see -- a rally would be a nice start. :D

Cheers,
JTM
For the record, you spelled my name right, but I actually don't really peruse the submission queue much. I do the programming for it, features, etc.

Not all videos get accepted, of course. A large bulk of the videos are cardistry since they many were ported from Decknique but, also, cardistry videos are just more likely to be totally awesome ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results