Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Hello...

It’s Wednesday...

That means..

IT TIME TO PLAY
A Game

Ah, yes. WEDNESDAY GAME NIGHT Its been quite awhile. In fact some of you may have missed the old editions of this series. So here is the last one. And My Favorite episode, to catch you up. Very simple I ask a question and everyone responds with their best (or Worse;)) answers. So without further ado.

We all know Dvds, lectures, and Instant Doanloads are great ways to learn magic, however the superior method of educating yourself in the magic field is by far books.

So I ask you this:
If Theory11 were to call you up to write a magic book. What would it be?

As always be creative and most importantly HAVE FUN!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
A book that includes zero effects or sleights and focuses exclusively on presentational ideas. Not just on how to construct a routine but purely on ideas for patter.

We have books that are 100 great card tricks but why not 100 great trick patters.

I would do just about anything to stop hearing “*clicks fingers* oh look, it’s right back on top”

“Pick any card... haha not that one *cheeky grin*”

Things that can be said that could be added to almost any effect or routine with a little imagination.

Magicians (generally) need more purpose with our reasoning and giving ideas on how to seed a nice story for an effect would help almost every magician I’ve ever known.

I’ll note that plenty of books exist about building routines and constructing ideas but I mean just a book with established patter that would move the baseline up a substantial amount.

B.

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
A pop-up book with 52 pages and each page has a different pop-up card reveal.

"Game Changer" - Dai Vernon
"I wish I'd thought of that!" - Harry Houdini
"I need a wall!" - Donald Trump

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Oooooh Man... That would be a dream come true.

I would do a book solely on the Up The Ladder!! Love the move, been doing it for about 5 years now. I know it seems ridiculous doing a book on one move , but let's face it you can never exhaust the the different variations, thought processes behind the move etc..

The title would be : Up The Ladder: Various Approaches. Preface: @CWhite Introduction: @Brett Hurley

It's a big project so obviously I would have to give credit where it's due... To past creators and masters such as Charlie Miller

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Alright now hear me out

It starts off as any other book displaying some card tricks. The table of contents features a list of all the effects in the book and a blurb about their outcome. A little preface by the author.

The book features full illustrations of the tricks being performed. Fully detailed. It shows the audience, who are the magician's friends and their at a huge party. And theirs the magician too. He's going around, performing small card tricks and big ones. They look like they're having fun. There's also an audio narration, all characters voiced exclusively by Christopher Walken that fits alongside the book, you can listen while you read and look at the pictures.

So you start reading this, ok? BUT At some point, the guy in illustrations displaying the card tricks gets murdered right? But your only connection with the guy is that book and the card tricks. And the rest of the book, all the audience members are freaking out. BUT YOU DON'T KNOW THE METHOD FOR THE REST OF THE EFFECTS. Because the magician's dead. So you instinctively have to make up the method that accomplishes the effect. The audience keeps freaking out and you use their help. If done correctly, you'll be able to piece together all the clues about the guy's murder and find out who the killer is.

And it's called

Wait for it...

Hou-din-it? GET IT. AHHHHHHH

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Alright now hear me out

It starts off as any other book displaying some card tricks. The table of contents features a list of all the effects in the book and a blurb about their outcome. A little preface by the author.

The book features full illustrations of the tricks being performed. Fully detailed. It shows the audience, who are the magician's friends and their at a huge party. And theirs the magician too. He's going around, performing small card tricks and big ones. They look like they're having fun. There's also an audio narration, all characters voiced exclusively by Christopher Walken that fits alongside the book, you can listen while you read and look at the pictures.

So you start reading this, ok? BUT At some point, the guy in illustrations displaying the card tricks gets murdered right? But your only connection with the guy is that book and the card tricks. And the rest of the book, all the audience members are freaking out. BUT YOU DON'T KNOW THE METHOD FOR THE REST OF THE EFFECTS. Because the magician's dead. So you instinctively have to make up the method that accomplishes the effect. The audience keeps freaking out and you use their help. If done correctly, you'll be able to piece together all the clues about the guy's murder and find out who the killer is.

And it's called

Wait for it...

LOL. That's actually the best one so far!!!

Reactions: Maaz Hasan

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Alright now hear me out

And it's called

Wait for it...

@j.bayme

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results