Your Most Polished Sleight And Other Sleights!

Jul 29, 2008
Hey guys and galls!
Haven't been around awhile because recently I needed to visit a ill relative but thats off topic.
So I was thinking one day what were other magicians most polished sleight and the hardest sleight for them to get down. This can be anything from a pass to a double lift to a bottom deal.
Personally my most polished sleight would be my double lifts because of the amount of work I've put in it and that I've known about it since I started working with cards. And the sleight I'm working on and that's most difficult for me would be my passes.
Also if you see somebody having trouble with a sleight that you may know of possibly you could pm them about it. Just a thought ;)
And if this is exposing anything in any way then feel free to close this thread!
Thanks.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
passes and double lifts are the things I practice the most. But my favorite (and polished) sleight right now is the card call, so many uses! also Im practicing the one handed pop out move.:D

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Most polished...hmm...I would say double lifts and top changes.
I'm getting my classic force up there now, still not happy with it, but never get caught doing it.

Passes, side steal controls and reversals are what I'm practicing most nowadays.

nowadays <-that's a real word...no red underline...heh. (heh isn't...)

I'd say that the classic force was one of the harder sleights to master (ha...still not mastered) and the S.W.E. Shift, though fun to practice, isn't easy to do 'performance' ready.

-Rik

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
wow ...........um my most polished slight would have to be my double lift.......and the hardest move for me to get down is the clip shift...but then again i dont know how its actually done

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
My most polished sleights would be my classic "Erdnase Color Change," and "Turnover Pass."

The sleights I have been working on the most are the "Miller Cascade Control," "LePaul's Spread Pass," and "F. Garcia's Topper Move."

I've devoted a large amount of time to the "classic pass," but once I got it down, i found it to be too impractical. There's so many other controls that are far more beautiful and convincing such as the two I mentioned above by Miller and LePaul.

Zack

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
With cards, I'd like to think that all of the sleights I use in real world performance are of a highly polished execution.
But I'm probably most proud os my pass, for the moment at least.
My applications for EGO are quite exciting to me, as is my control, 'For Dancy'.

CL

Sep 1, 2007
My most polished sleights would be my classic "Erdnase Color Change," and "Turnover Pass."

The sleights I have been working on the most are the "Miller Cascade Control," "LePaul's Spread Pass," and "F. Garcia's Topper Move."

I've devoted a large amount of time to the "classic pass," but once I got it down, i found it to be too impractical. There's so many other controls that are far more beautiful and convincing such as the two I mentioned above by Miller and LePaul.

Zack

the classic riffle pass and dribble pass are actually quite practical. I use them all the time and nobody catches me. The spread pass to me is actually kinda angle sensitive. However, I do agree on the miller cascade control, that one is really good.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I think one of my most 'polished' sleights now is the clipshift, I haven't stopped practising ever since i got the Chad's awesome utility move.

But then again my performance of Twinsplit Remix is near perfect, if I may say so myself:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
London
My most polished sleights are definitely my double lifts.

My biggest challenge at the moment is Erdnase's Open Shift. I think I've got the mechanics down OK, but making it invisible seems insurmountable. One day......

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results