Your opinion counts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMB9pIZ7vL0&feature=channel_page

I would like to know all the positives about this video.
Please feel free to tell me the positives of this routine and if you recognize any of the things below comment on them please.

• slip shot
  • deeper deeper cut
  • pop out move with an added card. I am only human.
  • False cuts
  • BTM deal
  • One handed 4 for 4

BTW cringe you didn't even have to heckle me to make me perform this more than 20 times.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMB9pIZ7vL0&feature=channel_page

I would like to know all the positives about this video.
Please feel free to tell me the positives of this routine and if you recognize any of the things below comment on them please.

• slip shot
  • deeper deeper cut
  • pop out move with an added card. I am only human.
  • False cuts
  • BTM deal
  • One handed 4 for 4

BTW cringe you didn't even have to heckle me to make me perform this more than 20 times.

I'm sorry but the only positive thing is that bottom deal was good, thats it. It was really obvious that you were getting a break, which was slow, and then the double undercut was ridiculously fast. Plus, its much better to just do the four of a kind production with slipshot. You could also work your card handling cuz the card are sloppy in some parts. And that wasn't a one handed four for four switch, its a Flippant change by Looy Simonoff

Sorry if this sounds too harsh, but i'm just trying to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 9, 2008
iowa
nice, keep practicing thats all i can say you will start perfecting and fixing problems you see with your routine, but my favorite part of the routine was the last bit where you changed the four different cards to the kings. keep at it

Thanks both of you for your help.
although magic shadow thanks for informing on the real name of the last move, your post was to lengthy for what I was looking for. You basicaly was regurgitating what I already know.

Mar 3, 2008
Nice man, I like the idea, but heres some tips:
-If you mess up when shooting the video, re-shoot it. I'm talking about when the Jack shot out of the deck with the king.
-when doing that Ben Earl false table cut, the one where you keep putting small packets on the table , keep it in 2 piles, it looks like you are just throwing them in a pile like a mess, you want to keep it in two parts. Thats what tricked me when I saw Ben do it.
-Try to make it a bit more original. It was basically Ben Earls Full suit production from Disc 2 of Past midnight, but with only four cards. Even though Ben Earl is the man, you can' copy him. Thats what makes him good, his originality, so if you want to be good...
-instead of keeping a little finger break, keep a flesh break. It will be less noticable.
-Pinky counts are your friends :) learn it.
-Don't do the same false cut over and over. Laymen will think something is fishy.
- Instead of doing false cuts, try throwing in a pass.
- Dont mess around with the deck a lot. Especially with no patter.
-And finally, a very imoortant thing. False cuts shouldnt look like you are trying to do it. (this is really hard to say lol) It should look just like you are casually cutting the cards.

Thats all man, Keep practicing, good luck :)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Nice man, I like the idea, but heres some tips:
-If you mess up when shooting the video, re-shoot it. I'm talking about when the Jack shot out of the deck with the king.
-when doing that Ben Earl false table cut, the one where you keep putting small packets on the table , keep it in 2 piles, it looks like you are just throwing them in a pile like a mess, you want to keep it in two parts. Thats what tricked me when I saw Ben do it.
-Try to make it a bit more original. It was basically Ben Earls Full suit production from Disc 2 of Past midnight, but with only four cards. Even though Ben Earl is the man, you can' copy him. Thats what makes him good, his originality, so if you want to be good...
-instead of keeping a little finger break, keep a flesh break. It will be less noticable.
-Pinky counts are your friends :) learn it.
-Don't do the same false cut over and over. Laymen will think something is fishy.
- Instead of doing false cuts, try throwing in a pass.
- Dont mess around with the deck a lot. Especially with no patter.
-And finally, a very imoortant thing. False cuts shouldnt look like you are trying to do it. (this is really hard to say lol) It should look just like you are casually cutting the cards.

Thats all man, Keep practicing, good luck :)

Hey man the only thing I have to argue to those tips is about the pass...

I am a fanatic of the pass and believe me is VERY HARD to do it in a table,(well if the table is too low maybe.) maybe a spread pass from the left can be easier, but a classic pass, nopeee.

other than that, I like the way you handle the cards, just try to look more casual about it, it looks like you are thinking way too much on the sleights before performing them.It looked kinda messy for me.

Have a nice day!:p

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I'm sorry but the only positive thing is that bottom deal was good, thats it. It was really obvious that you were getting a break, which was slow, and then the double undercut was ridiculously fast. Plus, its much better to just do the four of a kind production with slipshot. You could also work your card handling cuz the card are sloppy in some parts. And that wasn't a one handed four for four switch, its a Flippant change by Looy Simonoff

Sorry if this sounds too harsh, but i'm just trying to help.

Actually, I found the bottom deal to be not very good.

The first one was too slow, and the second was either three attempts, or two, but with pointless cutting to show the action multiple times as if to make it look cool.

Any who, for more constructive criticism on your base dealing, just keep working on the rhythm. You need to make each deal look identical. The legit deals and the false deals need to look the same.

Also, just curious why you started this asking for only the positives we see? Telling you only what you did well won't help you improve anything but your ego ;)

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Hey man the only thing I have to argue to those tips is about the pass...

I am a fanatic of the pass and believe me is VERY HARD to do it in a table,(well if the table is too low maybe.) maybe a spread pass from the left can be easier, but a classic pass, nopeee.

other than that, I like the way you handle the cards, just try to look more casual about it, it looks like you are thinking way too much on the sleights before performing them.It looked kinda messy for me.

Have a nice day!:p

You do realize that shifts were general developed to be done at a table. In particular, the "classic" pass.

Of course spread passes, and such were meant for magic specifically.

I've already explained patially my reasoning for only positives. because I have certain ideals, I know what I need to work on what I do not know is what I did right hence the positives. furthermore If the things that I am looking for isn't mentioned in a positive manner I know I need to work in that area. Why do I need to improve my ego? I am who I am. i just want to show there are other ways to critique a video. Your an edittor right Glenn? When you see an imperfection in your work are you harder on yourself? Don't positives comments help you feel better? My points are clear and if they need anymore polishing like this video I'll gladely make it shine for you.

Sep 20, 2008
Personally, the last move (where the four indifferent cards change into kings) was quite cool. i dont know how its done, but its a sleight that involves a break under four cards (obviously)

the slipshot was quite cool. and isnt that the last move of shotgun aces by Oz? that was pretty cool too. otherwise it was allright.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results