Your Original Effect

Hey,

This is my 1000th Post Btw. Woo. Stupid Tumbleweed beat me. Grr

Ok, Some of you may know that I want people to create their own tricks and not go crazy with your parents money on DVDs that will gather dust on their shelfs. So I want to see your Original Effects. I know lots of you guys have lots of creativity. So put it to good use.

JDEN

Ps. If you dont have or cant make a video, just write a test response.

Grrr, Drat that Tumbleweed.

I've got plenty of effects, in fact I perform more of my own effects than I do of anyone else's.
I'd show you a video, but in all honesty I haven't put any up. (See my big video thread? The one where I was a bad guy for a change)

In my opinion, simple is best, and that's the approach I take when creating an effect. I've made too many to list, but I'll just list a few types of effects I've made.

Transpositions
Shrinking decks
Teleportations
Penetrations (Hehe)
Revelations

My big thing is making flourishes though, that's where I get funky and original.

Dec 17, 2008
Erm, I have an effect i came out myself. I never seen any thing like so. It's sandwich type of thingy. I uploaded in the media section 2 days ago but don't know why till now it still not there.(Probably T11 crew think it's not good)

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Grrr, Drat that Tumbleweed.

I've got plenty of effects, in fact I perform more of my own effects than I do of anyone else's.
I'd show you a video, but in all honesty I haven't put any up. (See my big video thread? The one where I was a bad guy for a change)

In my opinion, simple is best, and that's the approach I take when creating an effect. I've made too many to list, but I'll just list a few types of effects I've made.

Transpositions
Shrinking decks
Teleportations
Penetrations (Hehe)
Revelations

My big thing is making flourishes though, that's where I get funky and original.

Cough"Nitch" Cough

Feb 15, 2008
I have a couple of effects. Some good, some... not so good :) Most are with cards, but some with coins too. Here's a rough list of the ok ones:

Card to box (Untouched)
Impromptu Card through window (corner and then full card)
Coin through table
Almost-Impromptu Ring Flight to Lock
A Flame production system
Quickie - No cleanup full deck colour change
Very Sleighty TnR
Very visual pen thru coin (boasting: you see their signature twist and bend and finally break through :D)
Breath on window revelation
Anything through bottle system
Impromptu Saw-In-Half Bill (Washington)

Peace!

RX

most of the tricks that i perform are of my own creation. for instance:

Chasm i know that there will be controversy on this one, but i had the idea for this effect about a year and a half ago.

Found this is a fun four ace routine that i have created, i use it all the time. it always gets great reactions.

Impossible/centurion change I created this change a while ago, and i still use it today. there is no gimmick, but you can in fact end clean...if you want to. i love this effect.

Ignis Fatuus This is another change that i created. very hard to master. kind of angly, but o well.

also, i just went on to my other youtube account.

genetically altered this is a fun trick that i created.

blank i really this effect of mine. i perform it all the time.

DARK i based this trick off of daniel madison's BLIND. the method is a lot harder to accomplish, but i think that it hits harder. this is one of my favorite effects that i have created.

hedberg's plunge this is a play off of hedberg's peak by D and D. it's fun, and works well live.

TRADE this is one of my favorite tricks that i have created. its very fun to perform. gets pretty good reactions. completely impromtu (like most of my effect, i don't really like gimmiks.)

I hope you guys like all the tricks that i posted.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Hi- I have created a few, but my best one(s) would have to be:

ImPulse- card to anywhere
Cascade- a bloody reveal

-KOS07

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Guy's, I'm in the process of recording a handful of basic demo's for my FreezerBurn effects as well as a few other creations that are at the moment unreleased. I'll let you know when they're up!

CL

Jan 30, 2009
I have a simple flying card reveal I figured out myself playing with cards. Statistically speaking it's probably not original, but I have never actually seen it done by somebody else with my method. Fun to do either way. I also have a few solid original effect presentations built around common techniques that have stuck with me and gotten better.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
At this point in my magic state, shall we say, I'm content to study less known material, and make my own routines and presentations for them, and personalise magic that way. That said, I do have one or two created effects; these are generally only when I have an idea for an out of the box effect that I consider particularly beautiful or special; effects that have a specifically inherent beauty about them. One of them involves sand, and sometime over the next few weeks I'll try and take the time to film it properly.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results