Your Recommendation

Feb 27, 2008
I am a new "conjurur" without anything to conjur. I would like to know your opinions on different card tricks.

I don't quite understand what your asking...

If your asking what you should start off with, then I would recommend The Royal Road to Card Magic. It's a book which you should be able to find at major bookstores.

If that's not what you mean then please elaborate.

Also, didn't you just post a similar post to this, "Noob with a $90 budget?"

Michael

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Get Born to Perform Card Magic by Oz Pearlman. Check on ebay every so often until you see one. Its used, but you save money. Or you can buy a new one for$30 bucks at Penguin.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I say get atleast on of the following...

Royal Road to Card Magic Book
or
Royal Road to card magic DVD set
or if you want to thake a big leap and give urself alot of work to last you like a hundred years get...
Tarbell Course in magic

All of these are great but if you have a bit mor emoney, get tarbell because you will learn so much from those books, so much that it isnt even funny

But if yu don't have a whole heep of money then just get the Royal Road to card magic book or DVD.

My biggest recomendation to you is to stay away from single, overhyped tricks for awhile.

Good Luck with your magic, if you need any help, feel free to PM me or add me on AIM.

Feb 2, 2008
Get Born to Perform Card Magic by Oz Pearlman. Check on ebay every so often until you see one. Its used, but you save money. Or you can buy a new one for$30 bucks at Penguin.

Born to perform
w/o a doubt
i wish i had this when i started...

If your low on cash(like I was) pick up The Royal Road to Card Magic. Read it from page 1 to the end. It'll be tedious, but practice every move. You'll be 450% better at card magic than getting almost any other single Dvd or Download.

Plus there is a Royal Road to Card Magic Dvd set with R. Paul Wilson. If you have money to spend get that and the book. The Dvd set is meant to be watched and reading the book.

Let's say your loaded. Forget the Royal Road stuff and pick up Card College. A great set of books.

Want to learn more magic, but not cards?

Pick up Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. It has almost every genre of magic. It gives you a taste of everything. Sort of like putting a Chalupa inside of a Big and Tasy covered in spicy noodles. But a great book.

Still loaded? Forget Mark Wilson's book and get Tarbell's Complete Course in Magic. Expensive, but worth it. If you get Tarbell's course, you'll be set for atleast a year.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results