Your Thoughts on Stage Names

Hey, guys and gals!

I've been debating on whether or not to come up with a stage name. I've come up with a few that I think are pretty cool in my opinion. But basically, I want to hear your thoughts on stage names. I'm not talking about things like "Anthony the Magnificent" or "The Great Anthodini" (haha, lame), i'm talking coming up with a completely different name for yourself. Like the two ideas I came up with for me are Tony Black and Tony Blake. Basically just shortening my first name (people sometimes call me Tony anyways), and coming up with a new last name. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Oct 14, 2007
I think it is a great idea. Alot of the greats in our business today do it. Think about it Criss Angel, Harry Houdini, David Copperfield. Those are just a few. I myself have done this. Ryan Rayne is just my name i perform under. My real name is Todd Hannon.

AnthonBass.. or somehing like that.. but I think that ur name I dont know if thats ur real name its a very cool name :p

Yes, Anthony Bass is my real name (actually it's Robert Anthony Bass).

You know how many times i've been referenced to a sea animal? You know how many people at school (INCLUDING TEACHERS!!!!) have called be "B***hole" (remove the B and you get....PROFANITY)? Haha!

Not fun.....haha!

I'm really diggin' Tony Black at the moment.

Nov 6, 2007
Dude i love making up names...let me think...Oh by the way my stage name is Double Decker. And of course I'm a flourisher who always carries 2 decks at a time or more. But as for you...Antonio Deletre. Pronounced Delete-trey. Think about it...in a mystical voice...say...my name is Antonio Deletre.

Hmm...I always just stick with my regular name. No need in a new name, etc. People know me because of me...and it especially makes it easier when I receive the deposit 2-3 weeks before a show, normally in the form of a check. No need in explaining a stage name, etc.

Best.
Steve

WHY! does everyone want their name to end with Black? Your the third person this month that I have heard say that. I changed my last name to Black ten years ago in tribute to Johnny Cash the man in black and now I'm wondering if it was a good decision. Another T11 member PM me telling me he was changing his last name to Black as well I feel weird now. haha

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results