Your Three Favourite Magicians

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Please name your top three favourite magicians and also please describe why you like them. My top favourites are undoubtedly:

Jay Sankey: For having an admirably creative mind and wacky personality. Plus, he's hilarious!

Paul Harris: For creating the weirdest and best close-up magic I've seen in a while.

Aaron Fisher: For his extreme dedication to card work, and his excellenty creations.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
David Blaine: For being an amazing person, and having integrity.

Dan and Dave: For showing amazing skill and dedication.

I don't really have a third favorite, I guess the Buck's count as two.

Aug 31, 2007
California
I like danny garcia not only for his talent, but also his approach to the art.

Derren brown is also one of my favorites...he's an extremely talented mentalist, and his use of suggestion and such is really impressive.

Chris kenner is another favorite of mine-his work is just really really good.

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
Dan and Dave - Crazy flourishes and an inspirational

Daniel Garcia - Great at being natural and himself in performances.

Wayne Houchin - I like his style.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
My top three are as follows...

- Criss Angel --> I never would have gotten into magic if it wasn't for his show, and his television specials. He showed me, so to speak, that magic isn't always about wearing a tuxedo and producing various birds from ones sleeve/hanky

- Chris Kenner --> I probably wouldn't have progressed as much as I have ever since I joined Theory11. He showed us all that there are magicians who have been in the business for a while that truly believe that the youth in magic (us) are the future of our art.

- Daniel Madison --> I would have given up on XCM and never would have tried to create my own effects if it wasn't for him. He showed us all that XCM can be a more unique and personal thing, that it should relfect you and your passion for the art.

I hope that this was what you were looking for.

Shane K.

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Criss Angel- Really got me into this artform and as Krash said, showed me a different side to magic, he also led me to discover David Blaine.

Wayne houchin- I really love all his effects and his style of performing. He also seems like a very strong willed, nice person.

The Buck twins- They really inspired me and got me into flourishing even though when i first saw them i knew thier stuff would be too hard for me. Just the thought of eventually being able to do what they do pushed me forward into the art of flourishing.

My fourth would be Daniel Garcia but it was only top 3, but it was a very hard thing to leave him out, i love his work :D.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Yikes... so many people saying Criss Angel. Didn't expect that... :p

Anyway, for me... Um, that's hard...

Ed Marlo, partly because I have recently fallen in love with a few moves which he created. Genius.

Michael Ammar... I can't really put my finger on any few reasons, he's just a great magician all round. I love watching him perform.

Derren Brown, for his charisma, ingenuity, and his incredible presentation skills which allow him to fool the pants off of people by actually telling them how he does it.

A few who nearly got on to the list:
Dai Vernon
Cyril Takayama
Chris Kenner

Huruey

Apollo Robbins- Sort of an admirer of his work.

Cyril- Just great, even if yo can't understand what is being said.

My third one may sound like I'm kissing up, but Lee Asher. Every time I met up with him, he has always stopped what he was doing, usually showing his fans something cool( and it is always cool, and said hi. Made me feel important. So not only a great magician, but an awesome guy too.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Doug Henning, for inspiring me to learn magic. What? Screw you.

Gazzo Macee, for his fantastic cups-and-balls routine.

Johnny Fox, because sword swallowing is a dying art and insert your own joke here.

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Criss Angel - Got me into magic.

Jeff McBride - I love his style, and his card productions routine, which is my favorite performance to watch.

Daniel Garcia - Amazing sleight of hand, and great effects.

Dec 22, 2007
docc hilford - great mentalist.
Steve fearson - great ideas and great magic.
Tommy Wonder - Funny. entertaining. great magic. and you got to love the way he talks.

Alexander the man who knows, One of the magicians that has recently gave me a reason to look into mentalism.

Harry Houdini, he had a part in the book called "Hiding the Elephant", I blieve, and since I have read that, i have been facinated in this art.

Last but not least, My cousin, for taking an appreciation in this art and being just as serious as myself and not having a past history with this art.

My top 3 have to be:

Johnny Thompson: For being just the nicest damn guy in the world. He'll help you with anything and when he says something, he sticks to it. Also for releasing great material in his Commercial Classics of Magic series and for keeping people entertained with magic for over two-thirds of a century.

Lance Burton: For promoting the ART of magic for so many years...Dedicating time and effort into it making effects seem truly magical, even to magicians...For making me understand why it is I do what I do and for creating true works of art in his acts.

Paul Harris: To put it simply- "For creating some of the sickest and ballsiest sh*t to ever be put onto the market.":cool:

However, there are sooo many great magicians out there right now...and because of that I have to do an honorable mentions.

Wayne Houchin: For being incredibly nice and sharing and for going out of his way to help others. Also, for being very helpful, funny, and generally awesome.

Helder Guimarães: For also being incredibly nice and helpful. For winning FISM and not getting cocky because of it. And also for working with my for hours straight to improve my magic. Also for being able to do some incredibly crazy stuff with cards.

Lee Asher/Aaron Fisher: Both great guys, both help the youth of magic at Sorcerer's, both help out the youth of magic here, and both have created great things...what else is there to say?

Boris Wild: Great guy, won FISM, worked on the Kiss Count with me and gave me specific tips on it, has created some awesome stuff, and has one of the greatest marked decks on the market...again, need I say more?

Other mentions go to Chris Mitchell, Bob Cassidy, Derren Brown, David Harkey, and of course the people I consider my friends in magic...you know who you are.

~David Rysin

Dec 23, 2007
Florida :[
1. Dynamo - He has been a inspiration for me ever since i started watching his videos. He came up from a urban area with nothing and made it out to become the great magician that he is. Ever time i get like bored with magic i go to watch his videos and im like, damn, ok imma try to be that good one day and start practicing again.

2. David Blaine - His magic got me into the art. I used to watch magicians on stage and get really bored when i was a kid because it looked really fake and when you saw it you knew it was all in the sleeves or really fake somehow. David Blaine changed this by using real people on the street. I love the idea of magic anytime, anywhere alot meore then just doing it on the street.

3. Dan and Dave - Damn. these guys are amazing. When i started getting into magic my friend was going crazy about there DVD im like who the hell are they. I saw the trailer and im like DAMN thats really cool. There my favorite flourishers cuz they go at the perfect speed. Not like crazy fast like devo or Brian tudor, where you dont even know whats happaning.And there normal people (devo scares me, lol)

others include

Wayne Houchin - he really good and i love his video they always give you a laugh

Daniel Madison - that guys crazy. lethal was my first flourishing video its amazing

Derran Brown - when i first saw him i seriously thought he could do all that, then he explained everything in the end and i felt dumb, he makes it seem so realy and i would love to be able to live off of, "hey you know where the subway is.. ok thanx, can i have you wallet, thanx bye...

Paul Harris - creative genuis, Flow is the best effect i have ever seen in my life i wanna get it so bad

Sep 1, 2007
Narrowing it to three is hard, but here goes:

Paul Harris: One of the greatest minds magic has ever seen. He can make magic in almost everything! Not to mention he is extremely funny.

David Blaine: Got me liking magic, and one of the first magicians I knew. He made magic cool again to the public, performing for real people close up, not on stage.

Danny Garcia: Although probably not as creative as Paul Harris, he isn't far behind. He has a great mind and also comes up with awesome stuff. And again, he's extremely funny and likeable. Even though I don't know him, I can tell he's the sort of person that everyone likes to hang out with.

Followed close behind are Bill Malone, Tommy Wonder, Cyril, Lee Asher and Wayne Houchin.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results