Your Top Ten Decks

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I first got into magic after buying a simple red Bicycle from my local Target. I collect cards based on four (but usually two) key aspects. Here is what I look for in a deck of cards:

1. Handling: Since I practice some simple cardistry to enhance my magic routines, cards that spread well and handle nicely are a must
2. Aesthetics: While this is heavily based on personal opinion I believe that the deck you use builds on your performance and can tell others a little about yourself.
Less important and more of a personal opinion:
3. Price: For certain tricks (that involve making your own gaffed cards) I prefer the cheapest deck out there (Rider Backs), For other (non-gimmicked) routines I prefer fancy designer cards (for the reasons above).
4. Collectors Value: As a collector I like to own rare decks to use on special occasions or just for collecting. If there are unique aspects of a certain deck I am usually interested in at least looking at it.

I wanted what you look for and/or what are your top ten favorites.
Comment Below

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
The only cards I use are Bicycles. They're cheap and get the job done as well as probably any other deck on the market.

I figure all cards are going to wear, bend and warp over the course of time and usage; so there's no point for me to go all out and buy the nice stuff.

I have five decks in rotation (red, blue, green, pink, Wounded Warrior--which is basically another blue). Part of it is so I don't wear out one deck as much and I'm constantly working two at the same time--so if I drop cards from both decks, its easy to sort out.

I don't think aesthetic matters because spectators aren't going to go 'BROWN WYNNS! We got a badass here!' I just don't see the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
As of now here are my top ten favorites: (I own all of these below and these are my opinions)
10. Red Bicycle Rider Backs - Cheap, Decent Handling, Great for gaffing.
9. Red Bee Diamond Backs - Cheap, Decent Handling, Makes nice borderless fans.
8. Gold Bicycle Dragon Backs - Decent Price, Good Handling, Nice design.
7. Titanium Red Rider Backs - Decent Price, Good Handling, Nice metallic ink.
6. Black Artisans - Fair Price, Decent Handling, Nice ornate back design.
5. Madison Dealers - Fair Price, Good Handling, Marked and borderless.
4. Mystery Box - High Price, Great Handling, Nice design.
3. Medallions - Fair Price, Great Handling, Nice design.
2. Copper Rarebits - Fair Price, Great Handling, Nice metallic design, Rare.
1. White Gold or Silver Monarchs - Fair Price, Great Handling, Nice semi-minimalist design, Rare.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
The only cards I use are Bicycles. They're cheap and get the job done as well as probably any other deck on the market.

I figure all cards are going to wear, bend and warp over the course of time and usage; so there's no point for me to go all out and buy the nice stuff.

I have five decks in rotation (red, blue, green, pink, Wounded Warrior--which is basically another blue). Part of it is so I don't wear out one deck as much and I'm constantly working two at the same time--so if I drop cards from both decks, its easy to sort out.

I don't think aesthetic matters because spectators aren't going to go 'BROWN WYNNS! We got a badass here!' I just don't see the point.

True all decks will wear down, for that reasons I have bought doubles or triples of my favorites. As for aesthetics I think that if all performances (especially online where you can binge watch magic) it is nice to see variation from the regular Red/Blue Rider Backs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results