Your Top Three Favorite Close-Up Effects

Feb 18, 2015
Hi! I would love some input on what your favorite close-up effects are, as I am thinking of buying something with some Christmas money. I do not care how difficult it is, as I love Crosby's material such as Raise Rise, or Shoot Ozawa's stuff. Right now, my most hard-hitting effects are:

1. DoubleCross
2.Marlo's Aces (Spectator Cuts to them)
3. David Williamson's Torn and Restored Transept(top change)/51 cards to pocket

Reactions: ProAma
Jan 15, 2017
I heard the invisible decks and bite out coins are the props david blaine used in his street magic show in 99 an it blows peoples mind, im getting myself the above mentioned in a few days.. cant wait! And the bonus is theyre cheap an easy to work

Reactions: kolebear
Feb 18, 2015
I enjoyed the bite-out coin a while ago with an amazing classic palm switch! It got great reactions! The only problem is that now some people around my area have heard of it. The invisible deck also kills, and to switch it I use a Roberto Giobbi technique! I may buy myself some roughing sticks then! Thanks so much for adding to my cart a few items I did not think about!

Jan 15, 2017
Oooh yeah thats a bright idea,the light bulb in my jead just turned on than, so walk up to somone on the street randomly be like yo can i borrow a coin, ten cents ill say cuz its easier to transmute its properties with the heat generated by my mouth than a higher value coin, that can be the reason as to why i specifically ask for ten cents, but little do they know i have a ten cent bite out coin palmed switch the positions of the 2 coins an proceed to astound :D
And no worries

Mar 2, 2016
I've never actually used a bite out coin, but I've always wanted to try getting one so I can ask to borrow something like 10 pence off someone, take a bite out of it and then with a 'Thanks mate' just carry on walking like nothing happened.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
RealityOne:I love Vanni Bossi! I am going to buy that!

You won't be disappointed. The first effect where a selected card appears in a glass run over a tabled spread is worth the price of the book. The card to picture frame effect would be great for close-up or parlor. The Moth of the Tosh change is the thing that people will remember you for. His other color changes are amazing -- a color change of the top card on rubber banded deck inside a plastic bag, a folded card is unfolded and shown and then refolded, unfolded again and shown to be different and a change of a card as it is tossed out on the table. His card folds and applications are just amazing (see above color change). A great handling of card to ceiling. I haven't quite finished reading the card work, but there also is section on coins which I suspect will be just as good. There is also a section for an Okito box. I dug mine out of one of my bins of discarded magic, shined it up and started playing with it. It is worth spending around $20 to get an Okito (standard, brass, no magnets, no slots, completely ungimmicked) box just to learn the material. Make sure it is the right size for the coins you use (I use US Half Dollars). If you like the material and perform it, it is the type of close-up magic that would be unique to lay audiences and appreciated by knowledgeable magicians.

You could develop an hour close-up act using the material in that book. If you get it, feel free to PM me -- It would be great to have someone to session with on the material.

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
I love how a lot are doing stuff I have talked about a lot in the forums :) I couldn't decide though.

Feb 18, 2015
Thanks so much RealityOne! I just ordered the book and I cannot wait! The effects in there I have wanted for ages. Im so glad I posted this thread and you responded!
Tyler Scott I'll check out RingFlightRevolution!
Francismcallister, I just ordered the loops! I forgot and you just reminded me! I enjoy floating a bill/straw out of nowhere.

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
I tend to use Smiley by Laurent Mikelfield alot, more recently I've gone from using Smiley and then with the same card, performed Regeneration by Blake Vogt.
Also Twilight Angels is a favourite, I still have a couple packs of 52 left.
Oh, and Stand Up Monte by Garrett Thomas

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results