Your Website

Hey Guys,

Thought it would be a nice idea to have a thread on our personal/magic related websites.

I know there are a fair few of us who have built, or are even in the process of building websites so it might be nice to get a few ideas around, and even help each other out.

Im currently about 90% completed through my new site, after completing about six original versions mainly based around HTML with slight uses of Flash I kept getting towards the end and no longer being happy with the design (You seem to always be your own worst critic.)

I have now worked with another design to build a 100% Flash Website (Though, usually im 100% Against 100% Flash) I wanted something fairly simple, clean and not to 'flashy' so to speak.

Here are a couple of screen shots with the test set up!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1801/untitledxx4.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1741/untitled1ev8.jpg

Let me know what you think, and post up your own site, or previews!

Matt

Attachments

• untitledxx4.jpg
    untitledxx4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 70
  • untitled1ev8.jpg
    untitled1ev8.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Your site looks good. It's a rather simplistic design, though I'm not fond of the green. It's different the what is traditionally seen as far as websites go. Nice job.

May 8, 2008
England
Loving these guys!
I want to make a site, but I want to get plenty of footage before I even begin. That way I'll have some performances to show, which would be my intention for having a site...
I know nothing about all this stuff though, so guess it would be a free host kinda thing...
Anyway good job, looking forward to seeing your site when it's done Blink. :)
-S

Sep 1, 2007
Mine are www.miikapelkonen.com. They are in finnish but I guess there is something to see.

A little tip on biographies for everyone: go straight to the point. People want to know what is going on with you right now, because that's what they will get when they book you. After that you can go into your history and how you got started, so people can read that if they're intrested. I know it feels more logical to begin with telling how it all started, but that's not the right way to do it.

Dec 12, 2008
U.S.
First off. i really lie all of the sites here so far. Great work.

Second, I would like to apologize for the crudeness of my site. Myself and the rest of my sites staff have very low budgets right now and can't afford our own domain. So I am sorry. I hope to upgrade or site to its own domain in the furture but right now it is simply out of the question.

Also, sorry for using freewebs. I hate them too but it'll have to do for now. However, do any of you know any other hosting sites that are better than freewebs? I would be willing to remake my site if it is better than freewebs.

Anyway, I have worked on this for about 4 months now. Hope you like it.

www.freewebs.com/thedarkmagic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results