Youtube Channel

Feb 7, 2010
Sweden, Uppsala
Just wanted to say before copying this from my Thread in the DnD forums, that I am sorry if this is not the right place to post this. ;)

Hi. Me and my friend called MeatbaII recently started a new YouTube channel. We had been talking about starting one for quite some while before we actally made the account, but now it's up and going. This is not a "Magic project", but there will be magic, more specifically card tricks on the channel. Right now, as I am writing this, there are only two (2) videos on the channel, two (2) DnD tricks. Later on there will be other stuff like more Card Tricks, Prank Calls and Piano stuff.

This thread is not because I want to tell you something like:

"ey guys new yt channel go SUB NOW plz i give you 3 free jerry nugget to every subscriber *cheeseface*".

I made this thread because I wanted you to watch specifically the magic videos, only if you want to watch them yourself and if you have the time. I am not asking you to Subscribe, I would just appreciate feedback. (Of course I wouldn't mind you subscribing.)

I have "Irving Quant" as a friend on Facebook and one time I saw him post something like, "I am sorry for not responding to all these videos that you are sending me.". In the comment box he said that it was mainly because the "kids" weren't ready to hear that their videos were crap.
I am ready to hear whatever you want to say. Of course I would like it to be constructive, but I want your honest opinion. If you think it sucks, then tell me. If you would want to help me one step further, I would gladly appreciate if you told me what I could/should change.

I'm 13 years old, and I have been into magic for almost 2 years as I'm writing this. I mainly do cards and that's what you are gonna see on the channel. The channel name is "RPMeat". "RPM" stands for RedPantsMagic, and "Meat" stands for MeatbaII which is the nickname of my friend that I have this channel together with. Here's the link:
www.youtube.com/RPMeat (We know the design currently sucks. It will get much better.)

Check it out if you want to, it would be very appreciated!
// RedPants

You still need a lot of practice. Smooth is the key here. Your Tivo for example. Your DL out the centre was very controlled and not smooth. Also it seemed the you used speed to cover moves. This however only add tension to the deck and makes it seem like you are doing something. I mean you have a pace going and all of a sudden you flip over the deck at light speed. Speed should never be used to cover a move. It should look smooth. It should be the same pace as the rest of your trick. Keep practicing and try to smooth out some of your moves. Tivo 2.0 is a touch trick, but if you do manage to get it smooth, it looks great.

Just some advice

Oni

Jun 10, 2010
You still need a lot of practice. Smooth is the key here. Your Tivo for example. Your DL out the centre was very controlled and not smooth. Also it seemed the you used speed to cover moves. This however only add tension to the deck and makes it seem like you are doing something. I mean you have a pace going and all of a sudden you flip over the deck at light speed. Speed should never be used to cover a move. It should look smooth. It should be the same pace as the rest of your trick. Keep practicing and try to smooth out some of your moves. Tivo 2.0 is a touch trick, but if you do manage to get it smooth, it looks great.

Just some advice

Oni

He pretty much nailed it. He didn't say much about The Queens performance on there, but it wasn't that smooth, and the production was slow but you quickly ended it. Atleast give the spectator a moment or two to digest what has just happened, because the moment you finished the production part, you scooped up all the queens and put them back on top.

Feb 7, 2010
Sweden, Uppsala
Hi. Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it!
I know that these videos are not always the best, but that's kinda why I uploaded them so that I could know what I did wrong and what to change, the feedback. I will upload new videos of the same tricks when I have practiced your advice.

Just one thing:
If any of you think any of these tricks (Only two at the moment) would reveal the method to laymen, I will take them down. If the problem is only the smoothness, I would rather keep them up.
Thanks!
// RedPants.

Jun 10, 2010
Hi. Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it!
I know that these videos are not always the best, but that's kinda why I uploaded them so that I could know what I did wrong and what to change, the feedback. I will upload new videos of the same tricks when I have practiced your advice.

Just one thing:
If any of you think any of these tricks (Only two at the moment) would reveal the method to laymen, I will take them down. If the problem is only the smoothness, I would rather keep them up.
Thanks!
// RedPants.

If you're worried about laymen seeing the videos and learning how the effects work, upload them to Vimeo. There's a feature which allows you to put a password on them, so you can put the videos on here along with the password for them. Plus Vimeo has better quality from what I've seen.

Feb 7, 2010
Sweden, Uppsala
I'm not really worried since I dont believe that I'm bad enough to reveal the tricks for laymen. I was just asking if you was thinking the opposite and thinking that I was. But thank you for the tip! ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results