YouTube - Trading

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Dont feed the trolls.

Put "No, I dont trade" in the information section and respond to one in the comments
section telling them the same thing. Then ignore all the other thieves.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUTUBE,BUT WITH TRADING!

I once wrote a review for an effect on the Penguin Forums...and then I was sent a few messages to trade- and these guys gave me a big lost of what they wanted me to trade.

I then responded with a letter of why I couldn't do...saying that I respect the art of magic and that I would never betray the artist who put their hard work, determination and their hearts into creating the effect for us to perform and entertain...

and never got a message from them again.

Sep 1, 2007
California
I have said this to one person, and hopefully it changed there view(they said it did)

Just tell them why trading is bad. Explain that the people who create these books/dvd's are hard working people who deserve the money rightfully to them. Some will be stubborn, but at least you tried to help.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I have said this to one person, and hopefully it changed there view(they said it did)

Just tell them why trading is bad. Explain that the people who create these books/dvd's are hard working people who deserve the money rightfully to them. Some will be stubborn, but at least you tried to help.

Yeah, usually it's like talking to a brick wall. They don't care about ethics.
When you say no I don't trade, they just go and find someone else with the same view as them.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I usually give them some bs answer like
"well... laced.... by dan hauss? you sure? alright basically. What you need is 4 neo magnets, cardboard, a gluegun, a chordless drill, kitty litter, and a shot glass, and of course your deck of cards". They usually give up at this point. One guy actually believed me and went to buy it and asked me what was next. I awkwardly told him I was kidding.

If you know those guys are noob, then I pretend to test them with the most simpest of questions you cant find the answers to. There was one guy who gave me really awesome answers.
I gave him an overall interview of why he thinks hes good.
"i am really good with magic in fact i am a beginner in rope magic coin magic and other things but i am an expert at card magic. I idolize Dai Vernon because he is really good"

Now the questions:
"Who is Dana Hocking and does he flourish?"
He makes CDs and he doesnt.
Not that funny yet. YET. but still half wrong.

"Where is Erdnase from?"
Illinois
WTF?

"What is the effect of Zapped the Card Trick. And who is it by?"
You flick 5 cards and they turn into a royal flush (so far so good) it is by Hon Wong/

"Who created the card trick. Six Card Repeat?"
Hank Lee.
He basically searched Six Card Repeat and got a site to Hank Lee's Magic Shop ( a magic retailer). And this effect i think is by Vernon... who he says he idolizes. so he must be good.

"Who invented David Copperfield's Laser Trick shown in the link. (link)"
David Copperfield.
Its bisection by Andrew Mayne... Cause i would ask him a question as easy as that...

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I briefly explain why I don't believe in trading, and provide them as detailed a link as possible as to where they could find the effect.

lol @ sciffy's tests though. I'd like to do that for my own amusement sometime.

I can trade.

My ultimate version of Tivo, which I created 2 days ago, which is a version of my another version of Tivo, which I created a month ago ( which is yet another version of my another Tivo, which I created one month and a day ago ). The name is Tivo 2.5PIEE.a

I'll trade it for your soul.

Yes, I accept Paypal.

Doesn't that Tivo belong to Sean_raf?
S***, don't you hate people who know magic history ...

alright, so, yeah, its a .. errr, minor variation of Sean_raf's Tivo 2.19523, though also, Mr.Magic-Historian, Marlo worked a version before he died, called ... I don't remember, but I do know its a letter to Karl Fulves dated 12 March 1952, 11:54 am.

also, Hermann wrote about it in some book, he called it " To Have a Card Change Places with a Card Which Is Placed Sticking Out from The Deck". Studying the name, its obvious how The Buck twins came up with the name "Tivo". See?

Oh by the way, I just worked out a new version, I'm selling it for two souls though, yes, Paypal works.

I can trade.

My ultimate version of Tivo, which I created 2 days ago, which is a version of my another version of Tivo, which I created a month ago ( which is yet another version of my another Tivo, which I created one month and a day ago ). The name is Tivo 2.5PIEE.a

I'll trade it for your soul.

Yes, I accept Paypal.

Sorry, already traded my soul for a gecko and some blue masters,
although... I will trade my VENGEANCE change for your tivo. It's just the GOAT change, but I variateded it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results