YouTube

Sep 2, 2007
just another thing if you are gunna do a trick do it for an audience not a web cam

i don't think so, what if you are shy towards walking up to someone and asking them "wanna see a card trick?" If you can, you should but you don't have to, You'd be surpirsed to see teh reactions on the street, there useualy very small. Anyway I don't see you posting any videos of street magic

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I would say a lot of people here don't trade tricks on Youtube or give tutorials on it because it sounds like were all the same way. I don't care that people perform their tricks on youtube though. They can do whatever they want, they bought the trick. Who are we to say," don't perform your tricks on youtube." If they don't have any friends, well can you blame them? Not making fun of anybody, I'm serious. I put videos on youtube because I have family living across the U.S. and frankly it's easier to show my magic via Internet.

So, do you get my point?

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah but when they start putting videos on youtube without practicing and end up exposing the effect is when it becomes a problem. There's nothing wrong with putting solo vids . up but of course live performace for an audience is always more fun to watch.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
just another thing if you are gunna do a trick do it for an audience not a web cam

It's called demonstrating. It doesn't always have to be with audiences.
I mean it's okay to do reset or any card routines on camera, picking a card tricks... well I kind of agree with you on that one. But still, I find it okay.

Sep 2, 2007

When I'm performing for the internet community, they're my audience, and the method by which I give them my magic is performing for a camera. I see no reason why it's absolutely necessary to have a live audience during a video that's intended to go online. I can see it being a problem if your camera is your only audience, but as long as you're at least occasionally going out and performing for real people, I see no harm in performing effects for a camera and posting them on a media sharing site.

Sep 1, 2007
A) That essay on "street magic" is pointed right at this site. Along with ellusionist, penguin, and others. However, he is much too hard on the sites. Yes, some pieces are short and have no value. But can you call, say, 2CM short? Or incapable of getting reactions? The bottom line is there are some good finds.

B) Yes, youtube can be a problem. In all actuality, though, it is impossible to censor such a large community. The world of magic needs to stop crying "foul!" and move on.

Sep 1, 2007
I post my videos so that it;s easier and quicker for other magicians to see them.

No offense or anything, but do magicians really want to see them? Don't you think people who have no knowledge of magic would rather see you perform?

We've all seen the tricks before, but people where you can get gigs (bars, restaurants, etc.) would be thouroughly more entertained.

Besides, so what if it's more convenient? Why does magic need to be convenient?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results