youtubers please help me!

Jan 10, 2013
Romania , Arad
Hi My name is Razvan, i have a youtube channel but is not very popular, i had just 8 subscribers and they are most of my friends and very few views. So please can you give me some advice , For example : how did you get your subscribers and views , some camera angles , what can i do to attrac people to see my channel and subscribe to my chanel. ANYTHING you think that will help me <

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Can I ask you something without you getting angry? What is your goal with your youtube channel? Is it to become popular? Is it to share your magic? Is it to have tons of subscribers to boost an ego? I'm just asking because I guess I don't understand why the new generation seems to embrace the youtube magic. I get way more out of personally performing live for people on a day to day basis just to bring a smile to their face, to cheer them up, to make them feel like a little kid again compared to recording myself in front of a webcam and posting for views.

Again, don't take this as me coming at you. I want you to revaluate why you feel the need for subscribers. You will grow so much in magic and as a person by performing live for people daily. Always carry 3 effects on you so that you can perform at a moments notice and make an impact on someone's life. For me it is a mismade dollar, rubber bands, and a deck of cards.

Jan 10, 2013
Romania , Arad
it's ok , i wont' get angry on you , how i said i accept every remark from everyone. now i will answer to your question. I live in a country where art of magic is not very popular and that is the only way to talk to other magicians , that's why i asked for advice
PS : I resprec you opinion, and i think is true part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I completely understand and with that being said, where you are from, if magic is not in the mainstream...you have a huge market that you can tap into. If I were you, I would have a friend film you performing for live people and post it on your channel.

Get the people who were just in your video to go online and comment on the video and your performance. Word of mouth travels unbelievably quickly. You would probably need a business card or something promoting your channel. Most people will want to watch their video and share their experience with their friends and family. The more performance videos you put up that involve spectators the more hits you should get on your channel.

I do not even have a Youtube channel, but this might not be a bad plan of attack for you. Do NOT film yourself sitting on your bed with the camera aimed at your crotch holding a deck of cards. That is very boring to both layman and fellow magicians to watch.

Also, do not go from magic site to magic site begging for subscribers as this is normally a frowned upon practice as well.

As far as from a technical perspective, always make sure you have adequate lighting in your videos. Don't put blaring loud music in your videos either.

Eventually if you are trying to get gigs I would create yourself a website and get pictures, testimonials, and videos on it.
Then when you start promoting yourself to restaurants and businesses, they can go see the proof.

Jan 22, 2012
Yes I agree. I used YouTube mostly to promote myself as a performer for people who want to hire me. I use it more as a way to connect with the people that want to know how I perform and if I will be good for my event. I actually got a gig for next month because someone in my town saw me on YouTube and wanted to hire me. And to answer your question you get subscribers and views by making videos worth watching. So no videos with you on a webcam. It should live and in person magic.

Dec 28, 2011
The thing you can do is to practice a lot and only upload a video when you know you don't have a flash and you have it flawless . The second advice is to upload tutorials like something new , for example don't do a thumb fan tutorial they are a lot on youtube , however is you think they are not good you can , and finally enjoy it the process of practicing don't focus on make more popular , make focus on get better :)

Fran Dc

Jan 10, 2013
Romania , Arad
thanks man i realy apreciate your advice , you are right in all, but i have another question for you: in my videos from youtube i should speak in my native language or in english ? i had that problem since i started my channel

The above guys said it all. But i will just add to what has been stated about making videos. Apart from being a magician i am also a video editor. Take time and have pride in the videos you make. Be artistic and original and you will stand out. I have a youtube account that i only use to watch and talk to other magicians. For promo videos i use a real place like vimeo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results