Z Magic (At His Worst...) - "Out Of This World"

May 31, 2008
Nice, same complaints as last time though:

• Intro is too long
  • Way too long of a slide show at the end

Glad you took out the slo-mo shots though! If you want a new intro, I'm not doing much, so I'd be happy to make one. I'm restricted to Windows Movie Maker though...I've been ending a lot of my posts with...lately...

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Nice, same complaints as last time though:

• Intro is too long
  • Way too long of a slide show at the end

Glad you took out the slo-mo shots though! If you want a new intro, I'm not doing much, so I'd be happy to make one. I'm restricted to Windows Movie Maker though...I've been ending a lot of my posts with...lately...

The new intro will be fixed eventually. I just will take out the old one from those vids, put the new one in and re-upload. I already have the new one made. I am keeping the stills in there (I am not budging on that lol)

May 31, 2008
The new intro will be fixed eventually. I just will take out the old one from those vids, put the new one in and re-upload. I already have the new one made. I am keeping the stills in there (I am not budging on that lol)

Alright, the stills is a good idea, I just think a minute is too long. Thirty seconds is fine though.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Alright, the stills is a good idea, I just think a minute is too long. Thirty seconds is fine though.

Sounds reasonable.

EDIT:: I have just decided to end the series. But trust me, in a couple of weeks/months, the video will be insane!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I'm Working on this.

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=20679

The interviews are done. I am going to San Antonio in 2 or 3 weeks to shoot the material. I am in the middle of consulting sessions with 2 magicians both polar opposites of each other (so I can get some perspective). One is 60 something years old, and is helping me with material and thoughts on it. The other is 20 something years old, helping me with character development and patter related issues.

May 31, 2008
I'm Working on this.

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=20679

The interviews are done. I am going to San Antonio in 2 or 3 weeks to shoot the material. I am in the middle of consulting sessions with 2 magicians both polar opposites of each other (so I can get some perspective). One is 60 something, and is helping me with material and thoughts on it. The other is 20 something, helping me with character development and patter related issues.

Ahh, I'd give up a web series for a local TV special too. Good luck!

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Very good, I agree a new(shorter) intro would be nice. But overall it was a good video and a great performance.

I would change one line out of the entire thing. After the effect when she asked 'How did you do that?' Anytime it's an effect where your spectator delt the cards, I find it best to say 'I didn't do anything but give instructions, you delt the cards. So, how did you do it?' you can play around with it, but it gets a laugh and draws them away from asking for methods. :)

-Rik

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Very good, I agree a new(shorter) intro would be nice. But overall it was a good video and a great performance.

I would change one line out of the entire thing. After the effect when she asked 'How did you do that?' Anytime it's an effect where your spectator delt the cards, I find it best to say 'I didn't do anything but give instructions, you delt the cards. So, how did you do it?' you can play around with it, but it gets a laugh and draws them away from asking for methods. :)

-Rik

I usually do that, I don't know why I didn't say it... Thanks for bringing that up though! That's a very important thing people should do with those types of effects.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I usually do that, I don't know why I didn't say it... Thanks for bringing that up though! That's a very important thing people should do with those types of effects.

You're welcome. It helps the spectator misremember the moment even more.

"He gave me the cards...I started dealing them into two piles, one black and one red...and then half way through he gave the rest of the deck to my friend...and after she was done we turned over the piles and they were completely seperate...it was crazy."

That's how they should remember it...even though it's missing some important details :rolleyes:.

:) -Rik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results