Zarrow Shuffle Dilemma

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
I usually keep just one card cover for the Zarrow Shuffle because the multiple card covers seem to require successive zarrows and while I have no problem with that, I wanted a false shuffle which would be entirely false the first time round.

Now the dilemma is this:- If I try to replicate the binding of the cards which happens during a genuine riffle shuffle, then I risk flashing the Zarrow from the front (because the completion of the shuffle will then require greater time). However, if I try to make the shuffle angle-proof, it becomes a smooth motion which never happens in ANY riffle shuffle.

Are there some tips I could use?

I have Enchantments and Inner Secrets of Magic. Both describe the Zarrow in very different ways. However I found Brian Brushwood's Zarrow Shuffle immensely fooling, and it's his handling that mine is most similar too (except it's not that fooling).

Thanks in advance!

:)

Nov 3, 2018
I'm by no means an expert on the Zarrow, so I'm hoping someone else will weigh in as well, but here's my 2p on the matter:
Personally, I like using multiple cover cards, for the reason that the best Zarrows I have seen so far use several cover cards. This suits me well, because I like to do several shuffle, instead of just one. However, you can also use several cards as cover cards when doing a single shuffle, it just gets a little more difficult.
The thing about doing single Zarrows which I like least is the fact that you need a slip cut to set it up, adding yet another move that may be detected.

On the interlace: Jason England recommends cutting a light (=less than half of the cards) top half to the right (this is assuming you're using one shuffle) and, when interlacing the cards, first laying a bed of about a third of the left packet. This makes the pushing-together-action a lot easier.

As resources, consider getting Jason England's (T11) or Steve Reynold's (Vanishing Inc.) download. I don't have either, but I've only had good experiences with Jason England's teaching, and Steve Reynold has been lauded as the master of the Z by the likes of Steve Forte (have a look at the trailer, there are things in there I still don't understand).

I hope this rather unorganized mess of thoughts will help you somewhat :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results