Zingone Perfect Table Pass

Jun 3, 2016
Hello all,

I recently purchased a copy of Expert Card Technique by Hugard and Braue. This book is excellent, but this is the first time I've tried learning magic from a book. I wanted to take a look at the passes because I thought "how difficult can passes be?"

Pretty difficult, apparently.

I'm looking at the Zingone Perfect table pass (pg 39-40 in my copy of the book). Is any one familiar with this pass? I don't want to post any of the steps here. I'm not sure if that counts as exposure for the effect. Is there anyone out there familiar with this pass? As I read the steps, my interpretation is that this is a swing cut that they are calling a pass. In addition to that, this move seems painfully obvious and not masked at all by your hands or angles.

Am I reading this incorrectly? Can any one shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

Prof_Utonium

Elite Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hamburg, Germany
I can´t say that I fully understand this but here´s what I get from the description:
This is one of those contextual passes that will only fit to specific situations.
Thats´s certainly why the start and end positions are mentioned in the description. The action starts after the deck was cut into two piles one the tabe. You pick up the two packets with the right hand to complete the cut. Then the left hand approaches the right, takes the deck and carries it to the left to immediately deal a card. And in the right-left movement the cut is nullified. If you perform these actions "with the deftness of the originator" it´s supposed to be covered by the right-left movement.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results