Ziplocked

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I was sitting in school today and was thinking about Hardcore. I was thinking about his effect Fishbowl where the card goes through the ziplock baggy. I wrote down some notes, came home and started messing with a ziplock. I came up with an effect where I borrow a quarter, then blow up a ziplock baggy. There are no dupe quarters and no cover. I hold the quarter underneath the baggy and throw it up at it...the quarter penetrates the baggy and lands inside. There is a bit of a clean up to be done, and I am still working on that, but I wanted to know what you guys thought of the initial effect.

I am waiting on the video to upload and then I will post it!

Jun 10, 2010
I was sitting in school today and was thinking about Hardcore. I was thinking about his effect Fishbowl where the card goes through the ziplock baggy. I wrote down some notes, came home and started messing with a ziplock. I came up with an effect where I borrow a quarter, then blow up a ziplock baggy. There are no dupe quarters and no cover. I hold the quarter underneath the baggy and throw it up at it...the quarter penetrates the baggy and lands inside. There is a bit of a clean up to be done, and I am still working on that, but I wanted to know what you guys thought of the initial effect.

I am waiting on the video to upload and then I will post it!

It's been done before. Research your effects. Card/coin to ziploc bag effects have been done before.. Especially if it requires a clean-up. And I believe you are referring to Jay Sankey, although you never clearly mention his name.

Jun 10, 2010
Mine COULD be different and more visual than others, I don't know, that is why I am asking you guys opinion.

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfoYFCnq3mE

It certainly looks nice and visual, I'll give you that. Props to you for that. I don't know the method, but if I'm right, the idea's been published before. You should do more research on effects like that. They may not necessarily appear as a coin in ziploc bag, but the technique/sleight you use (unless it's gimmicked, in which case I'm wrong) most certainly is published. But if the method's not published, it certainly is pretty good.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I wouldn't say there is "no sleight used" as there is one =) hehe. Good effect, but the principle has been used actually =). However, not with a ziplock bag.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Hmm I didn't think about bullet. I don't own bullet and haven't watched the video of it in a while but from what I can remember, the whole hand hits the bottom of the bottle. I like this one because it is more open. the coin is just tossed at the bag. It could also held eye level and tossed at the nag from the back or instead of tossing it from underneath, you could hold the bag about the same way and throw it from the side. I hope that makes sense.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I does look amazing, and really visual. One thing though, everyone is going to want to see the bag immediatly, so I hope that is achievable.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results