Your advice on beginning coin magic?

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hello Theory11, currently I have very little experience with coin magic. I know many effects and such with cards and all that good stuff, but I've recently been very interested in coins. I was wondering what you would suggest I begin with? I own Bobo's book, but that is basically the extent of my coin knowledge. I've considered Silver Dream and In the Beginning There Were Coins, but I don't know if either are a good choice. I'm a very visual learner so I think a DvD would do me more good than a book, but I'm open to any advice. What do you guys (and gals) think I should look into? Thank you for your time.

Peace

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I should have worded my post differently, I guess I'm asking if it's worth it to get Silver Dream as a routine or In The Beginning to learn more basics, or if I should go for CX as you advised in the other thread. I only found CX from one vendor and it wasn't very well described, so if you think that would be my best option please elaborate on what type of magic is taught. I'm looking for something I can do standing up, such as how Silver Dream is performed. Thanks again.

Peace

Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I should have worded my post differently, I guess I'm asking if it's worth it to get Silver Dream as a routine or In The Beginning to learn more basics, or if I should go for CX as you advised in the other thread. I only found CX from one vendor and it wasn't very well described, so if you think that would be my best option please elaborate on what type of magic is taught. I'm looking for something I can do standing up, such as how Silver Dream is performed. Thanks again.

Peace
I bought Silver Dream and I wouldn't say I'm clueless in coin magic, I perform it often, but I had some trouble with Silver Dream. I think you should work on everything you have in Bobo's and make sure you have all of that down because it really does cover all of the basics, and a lot of the coin sleights you see being sold around now are in Bobo's.

Mitchell

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Silver Dream was my first coin dvd. Learned the routine clean in about 5 weeks, and get absolutely great reactions. Miller is a great teacher. Of course there is a gimmicked version of the trick but I love it straight without the gimmick.

You'll do fine with Bobo's, but just like in another thread I also recommend David Roth's "Expert Coin Magic Made Easy" V 1-3. It goes thru pretty much all of Bobo's plus his variations and personal handling; plus routines and tricks you can do.

I'm a card guy also, but just like anything, coin slieghts need work and practice. It's been 6 weeks and I still am working on making a gimpy pinky finger look natural on my classic palm (I know... I'm retarded). Took me 5 weeks to get silver dream, but I'm figuring 3 to 4 months before I'm ready to do coin vanishings and productions using the basic 3 sleights.

I encourage you to get Silver Dream and maybe even Homer Liwag's Coin One. For both, the sleights can be a little (actually a LOT) knacky, but when you nail them, makes for great reactions.

Have fun! Coins are awesome!

Hey anybody have Noblezada's "...and then there were coins"? Worth it?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results