Quick Introduction

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Hey
My name is Scott.
And I'm a coin magician.

I live in Calgary, Alberta (in Canada), and I work at the only magic shop in Calgary (and the biggest retail magic shop in western Canada)- the Vanishing Rabbit Magic Shop.

I do coin tricks. It's what I do.
My biggest influences are by Shoot Ogawa, Michael Rubinstein, and David Roth, to name a few.

I am addicted to this type of magic. Sleight of hand fascinates me.

For those of you who want to see my work, come into the shop some time and say hi.

I'm in the process of writing out a lot of my original work with coins... eventually, I hope that some of you will be doing my stuff. I have a routine that I like to call "Scott and Soda" that I think will be a hit with all of you.

Presently I am going through Harry Lorayne's APOCALYPSE book set, and I'm finding some very interesting (and old!) coin stuff to adapt and work with. That's where the real good magic is; in old books and magazines like that.

Some of you will know me from other online forums.
(E, the cafe, 2dee, etc.)
My username is Kardillusions on those sites.

Just as an offer, if anyone has any questions on their coin stuff, feel free to send me a pm or email. If I can't help, I'll find someone who can.

Regards,

Scott.
(from the Vanishing Rabbit)

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Good to meet you Scott, I'm Jackson, formerly known as mini_jarvy on decknique. I;m mainly a card magician, and flourisher. As i said in one of my previous posts, I know very little coin magic but would love to learn and master some good effects, i just can't seem to find the motivation at the moment. I've added you on msn and would love to chat to you about magic and some good starting points for me in coin magic, because you seem to have a lot of knowledge and experience on the subject.

Sep 1, 2007
Hi Scott,
I'm Gary, from Malaysia. Also a sleight of hand coin magician. I'm a purist though. Don't work with gaff coins. But in the future will change that. My influences and idols are Kainoa Harbottle,Shoot Ogawa, Dan Watkins, and of course David Roth.

My only created routine is D3Laid Crossing, an impromtu 3 coin across routine with a flimflam move. <--- You probably recognize what is that.

My cafe ID is the same and always browsing the Coin section. See you there.

For those that have not seen "Scott And Soda" Its very VERY nice.

I cant give much away but, Scott has done some very amazing tricks and I cant wit to see what he has to release. If he starts to creat and sell some of his work/Art you wont be let down, He is very talented and is a true Coin Magician. there are a lot of different magicians out there that only get effects because they look nice, and Scott is nothing like that.
If he gets his hands on it he literally lives it.

Sep 1, 2007
sactown, cali
I do card and coin and everything else but I do not like gaffs either really they do I do thisstuff for a living and for some kid to just to be able to pick up some gaff coins whos only been doing magic for 1 day to perform it. It makes me sick.I to like the coin effects in apocalypse although I have come up with my own material as I read through some of that stuff Its exactly some of my stuff same as kenners book most of the effects in that book I created. peace out 916 in the building g s up hos down.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results