Transpo: comments please

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I have uploaded this video to vimeo, with a password, as I am seeking feedback so that I can continue to refine the trick for another month or so.

Looking for feedback on :
1 - flow
2 - are the actions leading into the sleights justified/ natural, etc...
3 - choice of sleights to match the flow / style / image of the trick.

Not so much worried about the patter, unless you happen to speak Japanese. I wouldn't mind putting up an English version I guess... just that... I never perform in English.

http://www.vimeo.com/3803157

password is : transpo

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I like it.

You need to work on the placement from tenkai into spinning the double - it was rather visible. If you make the whole transition smoother, without stopping, I think it would work out nicely.

As soon as you smooth out your cover pass as well, I think you've got a pretty good transpo there.

As a side note, don't worry about the language - if the magic is understandable, we'll get it :)

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
hehe thanks. Yeah the Top card cover pass... is the bane of my existence. I don't like to hide behind the small hands excuse, but it does make the sleight a bit harder. I am trying to work it in from a basic hand gesture preparation, into a relaxed card spread to assist in the off-beat misdirection of the sleight, just in case the pretty much "burn-proof" ideal TCCP, isn't so "burn-proof" when I do it in a performance.

As for the color change... actually there is never technically a "double" that gets spinned, just to clear up a point, but I totally agree with what you are saying. Sometimes the edge of the card gets caught on the the base of my left hand thumb while holding the pivot point >< which causes me to have to regrip to complete the spin.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
As for the color change... actually there is never technically a "double" that gets spinned, just to clear up a point, but I totally agree with what you are saying. Sometimes the edge of the card gets caught on the the base of my left hand thumb while holding the pivot point >< which causes me to have to regrip to complete the spin.

I was trying to tell you what to do while throwing off people who might think they know what's going on -_-. That's why I said "double", lol.

And as for that - if it happens often - I would suggest changing where your place the card to pivot it... If you get that.

TCCP - try and execute it like a normal pass; maybe we could video chat and I could give you some pointers on it.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Haha. good call =).

As for the pass, yeah, it is still acting a bit knacky at the moment, some days are better than others. But mainly, the video was to share the idea of the flow of the transpo in addition to the sleights. I will continue to practice the sleights, timing, etc... I have the trick pretty much completed using different sleights, but I tend to like these ones more, as they can be more easily justified as being natural.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Looking for feedback on :
1 - flow
2 - are the actions leading into the sleights justified/ natural, etc...
3 - choice of sleights to match the flow / style / image of the trick.
1- In my humble opinion, I think there is too much work done under heat. 2 complex sleights done at the same excat point when the heat is focused on the deck. While my view might differ from yours, I think the flow needs improvement, complex sleights not done at the right moment having alot to do with it.
2- Consider just doing the 2nd card from a spread instead of out jogging, Keeps things consistent, and flow remarkably improve.
3- See point 1. The ironic thing is that with using a version of one of the sleights you're using here, you can do the effect with it only, though chances you knew this already.

Also, keep your windows closed. ( if this doesnt make any sense, ask a coin guy).

Mar 18, 2009
you flashed on the change a bit. and the pass could be a little more subtle but other than that it is very good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results