Ray Cosby's Raise Rise

After long break from his DVD, I finally come back and tries to mastering his Raise Rise effect, but I'm having trouble with the ambitious raiser card sleight. He did not go over it well enough on the dvd. Does anyone know where I can find more info about this sleight?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
After long break from his DVD, I finally come back and tries to mastering his Raise Rise effect, but I'm having trouble with the ambitious raiser card sleight. He did not go over it well enough on the dvd. Does anyone know where I can find more info about this sleight?

Same here, I cannot seem to do the sleight right.
But the overall material is great.

Oct 21, 2007
yea I've been having alot of trouble with the move aswell, it seems impossible!
and I agree with V, the DVD has alot of break through material in it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's a very difficult sleight, for good reason. The move IS very hard. But there's no magic key here, except practice. People are so stiff with practice. You need to experiment and see what works, I can't believe more people don't do this.

Incidentally, are you sure you have the DVD? I'm fairly certain that on the DVD, his name is spelled correctly.

It's a very difficult sleight, for good reason. The move IS very hard. But there's no magic key here, except practice. People are so stiff with practice. You need to experiment and see what works, I can't believe more people don't do this.

Incidentally, are you sure you have the DVD? I'm fairly certain that on the DVD, his name is spelled correctly.

I agreed with practicing but if you don't have the proper technique, then practice is totally useless. like come on you don't wanna practice with a wrong technique right?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The first example that comes to mind is one of Dai Vernon's colour changes, in, I believe, Inner Card Trilogy. Lewis Ganson writes something to the effect of, Exact movements will vary from person to person. From all reports of the people I know who have learned Raise Rise, I've yet to hear one of them say that they didn't know what was going on at all. Watch over it a couple of extra times, see if that helps. As far as I can tell though, this is a common occurrence with many difficult moves - incomprehension, until you play with it enough to get "Ohhh!" result.

The first example that comes to mind is one of Dai Vernon's colour changes, in, I believe, Inner Card Trilogy. Lewis Ganson writes something to the effect of, Exact movements will vary from person to person. From all reports of the people I know who have learned Raise Rise, I've yet to hear one of them say that they didn't know what was going on at all. Watch over it a couple of extra times, see if that helps. As far as I can tell though, this is a common occurrence with many difficult moves - incomprehension, until you play with it enough to get "Ohhh!" result.

I know is, but it doesn't answer my question. I just want where can I find more info about this technique.

Feb 21, 2009
shinichikudo992000,

You can probably find the sleight in Fred Robinson's new book, it was reviewed in Genii two months ago. It's an expensive book, but well worth it from what I've heard.

-Matt

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results