Can't complete the pressure fan

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
hey guys, the pressure fan is one of those f*ing moves that I just can not accomplish. the problem I have is that when I'm about to complete the full circle, well I can't do that. my thumbs get stuck between each other. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Apr 6, 2010
Sorry that im not going to be able to help but i was just commenting to say i am struggling with the pressure fan too, i get the cards to like a 3rd of a full circle and then run out of cards...

Sounds like the same problem you're having flex, although i did find that if you bevel (slant diagonally) the left side of the deck, before doing the fan, it helps sometimes.

Sorry i wasnt of any help,
Steve

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
thanks, the second video helped quite a bit. the thing I want to ask is if you pressure fan all the way, or pressure and fan normally at the last bit?

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
How is your left thumb positioned on the deck? (Or right thumb, if your right hand is your base hand)

Initially, you pressure fan about 2/3 - 3/4 of the fan, then normal fan the rest with your fingers.

It's possible to pressure fan the entire thing, but your pivot point of your thumb changes. This come through pure practice.

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
holy s***t! it's coming together. it's not a perfect circle yet looks more like a potato now, but I got the basic thing down. thanks guys. couldn't have done it without you.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
holy s***t! it's coming together. it's not a perfect circle yet looks more like a potato now, but I got the basic thing down. thanks guys. couldn't have done it without you.

I AM NOT trying to be mean but did anyone else laugh at this? Just the potato part. I'm not laughing at you not being able to do a pressure fan.

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
I AM NOT trying to be mean but did anyone else laugh at this? Just the potato part. I'm not laughing at you not being able to do a pressure fan.
hahaha I'm laughing myself. but you have to see it, it really looks like a round vegetable of some sort. but it's getting better.

May 18, 2008
I have found that I couldn't do it for the same reasons listed. Then I took away about half the pack, did it with half, and when I went back to a full pack, I could do it!

Apr 6, 2010
After many a hard hour of pain staking practice, ive finally got it - i think.

If you want a smooth shape instead of the "potatoe" you mentioned Flex, you have to focus on your left thumb pivot position.

It is also essential that you keep it on the edge of the deck, and nearly half way between both bottom corners, contrary to common belief that it will be bigger should you have it on the corner. In fact this ensures that the fan can actually be larger as it gives you a wider ark to work with.

I also found a very helpful tip on the grip with your fingers. Take your left index finger and position the tip of it on the back of the deck, on the furthest bottom corner from your palm. Then the top left corner of the deck should rest in the notch between your fingers and thumb. Therefore, when you do the fan you can do half with a singular motion of your left hand moving down, and complete the other half by doing the same with your right.

I watched and read a hell of a lot of tutorials to find out the best way and i think what i have written above is an easy and good way of doing it.

Steve

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results