Cardini Change Battle

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Maybe, but I'd like to think that people Battled because they wanted to get critique, and not just to prove how great they are compared to everyone else... I didn't like Battles for a few reasons, but I at least tried to give detailed critique of what was posted.

But I'm not optimistic.

Apr 20, 2010
Hey guys.

I never really got this, what's the difference between the Ego change, Coffin change, or Cardini change? What are some resources for learning, well, any of these?

Nov 28, 2009
Hey guys.

I never really got this, what's the difference between the Ego change, Coffin change, or Cardini change? What are some resources for learning, well, any of these?

its just the way the cards are gripped.
The EGO is much faster but the cardini cleans up much better.
Cardini all the way!! (my fav)

Apr 20, 2010
I'm sure I know the mechanics behind it just from seeing it so often, but is there a definite resource for learning, say, the EGO change? I did a little searching but didn't find much.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
n1van, you may find this thread useful:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?24414-Cardini-Change-Ego-Change

Basically, it's a thread I created that definitively distinguishes the original Cardini from the original Ego. Although there are variations and similarities in many other handlings, I used the original sources because they are so commonly used interchangeably and bastardised, that it's rarely clear whether a change is meant to be a variation of the Ego or the Cardini.

As for your last question:

The Ego Change can be learned from Daniel Garcia's The Daniel Garcia Project, Vol. 1.
The Cardini Change can be learned from Jean Hugard's Card Manipulations Series 3.

These are the two sources I had open, the original places of publication, from which I drew the facts and basis of my comparison.

Oct 21, 2010
its just the way the cards are gripped.
The EGO is much faster but the cardini cleans up much better.
Cardini all the way!! (my fav)

I'm sure I know the mechanics behind it just from seeing it so often, but is there a definite resource for learning, say, the EGO change? I did a little searching but didn't find much.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results